Part 32

From this chapter onwards, the word count will be increased. This is a suggestion made by a lovely reader. I don't know if you are comfortable if I call your name out. But I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I hope you will be reading this 😛
———————————————————————————

It's been two months since Namjoon started picking up Jungkook after his work and would drop him at home in time. Some days they would sit in a cafe or by the riverside or in the park to hang out.

Right now, both of them are sitting on the bank of the river on a pleasant evening. Silence predominantly adorns the environment. Both the men are enjoying the serenity in each other's company. The only sound that could be heard was Jungkook's light munching sound that was generated when the boy was biting on some popcorn that Namjoon bought for him.

"Why don't you like popcorn?" Jungkook asked with a mouthful of food looking at Namjoon. "Ehh- just don't like it. No special reason." "Didn't you say your favourite drink is banana milk?" Jungkook responded with a vigorous nod. "Then why did you order chocolate milkshake when we first met?" Namjoon asked suddenly recalling the said day. "Eomma says I should not drink banana milk in front of outsiders as it will make them think I'm a childish person. But I'm not." The elder let out a loud chuckle which was irritating to the younger.

"Don't laugh." "You know you look like a bunny while chewing food! So maybe not a child. But definitely you are a bunny." Now no one can save Namjoon from an angry bunny. Jungkook wants to be complimented as a matured man, not addressed with childish names.

He angrily grabbed the popcorn tub that still had some leftover popcorn and tried to get up with the support of his walking stick. Before he could, he got pulled down by a large hand that carefully made him sit on the soft green grass of the bank again. By now, Namjoon is well aware of how to give supporting shoulder to Jungkook in his movements. So he was way too careful to hurt the younger. But it's times like this that make Namjoon feel the utmost desire to cherish the weak boy.

Even after making Jungkook sit again, he didn't pull his hand back from the the other's waist. Instead, he just kept staring at the side profile of Jungkook which looks heavenly to him. The eyes should never shed a single tear, the cheeks should always be adorned with blush that Jungkook sometimes get when Namjoon is sitting too close to him or maybe touching him in a caring way to provide support. The lips are the special attraction that sends invitation to Namjoon's inner beast to devour them.

"Na-Namjoon" Jungkook called eyeing the tightened grip of the addressed person on his waist. "I'm so sorry Jungkook." Namjoon apologised with a little embarrassment as he got suddenly kicked out of his imaginary world. Jungkook didn't feel uncomfortable at all. He just felt protected. But the poor boy feels sad realising how he is slowly falling for the tall man sitting next to him.

What Jungkook doesn't know is that Namjoon is completely whipped for him. But his past trauma still haunts him. He is scared to confess to Jungkook with the fear of losing this adorable human.

"I'm sorry for hurting you." Namjoon said sulking. "No you didn't do it purposefully. You were just trying to help me." Namjoon's adorable bunny said displaying his bunny teeth that bears the power to wash away all pain and anxieties from Namjoon's heart. He smiled back lovingly.

He was wishing to buy a huge box where he can lock this cute living creature so that no one takes it away from him. That sounds creepy!! Namjoon needs to pull the string of his running wild imaginations. But he has to do something before the day actually comes when his favourite human is taken away from him. "Are your parents talking about marriage anymore?" Jungkook was not expecting this question. "No, I made it clear I don't want to meet anyone knowing my disability will be made an issue which I feel is valid as I'm a cripple after all." Jungkook shrugged making Namjoon's blood start to boil.

Jungkook was grabbed by his shoulders and yelled at, "Jeon Jungkook!!!! How dare you say such things about my most favourite person in the whole world?? It's your fault that you don't know your own worth. You are the strongest person I know. Remember one thing, you didn't fight for your life just to call yourself a cripple. You not a disabled person Jungkook. You are a specially abled one. You completed your studies, got this job. You are doing amazing. So many people still dream of these things. Do you know that?"

Well, Jungkook didn't hear anything what Namjoon said. He got starstruck after hearing the "most favourite person in the whole world". He was seeing stars. He might be still sitting by the river bank but his soul was flying. He was aware of his importance to Namjoon as a friend. But he never expected this. He never even dreamt of this.

"Jungkook!!" Namjoon shouted jerking his shoulders and bringing him back to real world. "I'm your most favourite person?" Jungkook asked in the most vulnerable tone. Namjoon was astounded when the sudden realisation hit him. He kind of confessed to Jungkook, no not really. "I-I -I think we should head home. It's getting dark." Jungkook felt a pang in the chest at Namjoon's ignorance of his question but at the same time he felt the other person was having palpitation which indicates he is not ready to answer.

They both stayed silent while the taller man helped the shorter one to get up and drove him back home. The ride was silent as well. Jungkook made a mental note not to let this go away. He needs to talk to Namjoon who is running away from the haunting past. He remembers the elder told him he was ready to face his inner demons but that topic was never talked about. He feels the man who appears so strong outside, needs a shoulder to lean on too. He will hold his hand strongly until he actually overcomes his trauma.