Part 22

Sunday calls for special menu at Jeons' place. With Yuri's assistance, Jungkook would prepare a full 3 course meal for dinner. He always tried to find happiness in these small things. Not much could he expect from his mundane life.

"You peel the boiled potatoes, I will cut the vegetables for the soup." "No eomma no! I will cut the vegetables, you peel the potatoes." The younger protested. "What if you get hurt while using the knife sweetie. Peeling potatoes will not involve knife." Jungkook is not going to give up. He wants to prove to his eomma that he is not some delicate human being who needs protection all the time. "Okay, you sit beside me, then I will cut the vegetables under your supervision. Pleaseeee!!" He said with pleading eyes that melted his mother's heart. "You know your way. Don't you?" Yuri glared playfully and Jungkook motioned the chair next to him for her to sit.

"Sorry for keeping your things too longer with me. You will be disappointed not being able to complain that I tore the plushies or broke your watch." A small chuckle escaped his mouth. "Ajumma took care of the apartment, your room- our room. I made sure your things are jot displaced. I am planning to put the place up in the market Jin. Too many memories there. I need to let go of those. I will come back next week." He placed the boxes in right place and walked out.

He just kept walking. Along the sidewalk, the park, the river side. He does not have a destination, just wants to go with the flow. The phone chimed displaying the reminder he set for his therapy session. So the destination as of now will be Dr. Min's chamber.

"You look fresh son, uhm Mr. Kim." Yoongi is happy to see Namjoon in the freshly ironed grey button up half shirt along with the pair of jet black jeans that was matching with the half shirt in contrast. This is a much better look compared to the sloppily worn hoodies and track pants that he was habituated to see Namjoon in for last few years.

"Thanks Dr. Min. Thought of brushing up a little." Namjoon said crossing his legs while sitting on the couch opposite to Yoongi. "How was the past week Mr. Kim?" "It was great. I finished writing an entire novel. Sang-woo shi kept on insisting me to write on a particular genre which I personally find irrelevant." He was lying. He loved romantic comedies. He is just too stubborn to admit. "That's really commendable! How did Sang-woo shi convince you to write it?" "He didn't. I did. I convinced myself that I want to face the demons inside of me. I don't want to be haunted by the past anymore. Today I went to see him and returned all the letters and gifts we ever exchanged. I am planning to sell the apartment too. I want to be happy uncle Yoon. I don't want to stay in dark anymore." The sudden change of addressing term he used for his therapist shocked Yoongi.

Yoongi only suggested to address each other formally during therapy sessions because that way Namjoon would feel like he is talking to a stranger with whom he can share all his thoughts without any judgement while he might not be comfortable with sharing the same with his uncle Yoon.

"Son, are you sure? You want to actually move on this time?" Yoongi asked with clear concern in his voice. "Yes I am." Yoongi got up from his seat and pulled Namjoon for a hug. "I won't ask what or who made you change like this, but I am happy that you Son. Me and Jiminah just want to see you happy."