Part 18

The couple had their mouths agape in astonishment. This is not a normal scenario. It cannot be! Their nephew had closed all doors in his life that led to his long lost love. Then why is he trying to walk through the memories which made him the happiest one time and saddest the next.

"What do you think jagiya?" Jimin asked in a broken voice to Yoongi. "Joon's life has been the same since last five years. He has not been in contact with anyone except us, Sang-woo shi and his friends. The same schedule he has been following- working and drowning himself in gloominess. In the therapy sessions, he mostly talks about his work and daily life. The only addition has been Jungkook who is not even involved in his life." Yoongi wondered if the unforeseen arrival of the boy is bringing all these changes in Joon.

"When is the next session?" Jimin asked. "This Sunday, day after tomorrow." Yoongi really needs to talk on many thing with Namjoon but it will be little difficult to bring us the delicate topic.

In some other part of Busan, the microwave beeped and a woman in her late 50s took out the baking tray inhaling the scent of the freshly baked cashew nut cookies. Suddenly the front door was unlocked, "We are home!" The woman placed the tray gently on the kitchen countertop and went to the living room.

"How was your day Kookie? Let me take you to your room." Saying this she guided his son to his bedroom. Helping him take out casual clothes from the wardrobe and arranging for a bath, Yuri left the room and went to the kitchen where Junghoon was hissing in pain that he incurred while trying to steal a cookie that was hot from the oven. She couldn't control his laughter, "You are growing old Jung, quit behaving like a child." The said male gave a frustrated look and sat at the dining table munching on a cookie that he finally grabbed successfully.

"Did Kookie tell you anything about today?" "About what? He just came home." "I don't know Yu if we should be asking anything to him. I saw him with Namjoon today in school. I didn't see them talking but they looked close together. Maybe it's just in my head but I don't want to ask anything if it makes him uncomfortable. He didn't say a word in our ride back home."

Yuri took a moment to process her husband's words. "Do you think they are interested now?" "I don't think so but there was a certain awkwardness between them. Maybe you can talk to Kookie." Yuri placed her right palm on Junghoon's left shoulder giving a slight assuring nod.