Part 11

Returning home, Namjoon checked his emails and found several follow ups from his publisher requesting him to start on a new book. All his novels have been huge success but the publishing house was disappointed not able to show off their handsome author to the media due to privacy policies. Very few readers knew his name as he was mostly known by his pseudo name. Even in personal crises, Namjoon never stopped his work. He might have taken long hiatus though.

That night, he opened a new page in Microsoft word file and started typing. He has written on multiple genres- crime thriller, period drama, romantic tragedies, even a horror mystery at his publisher's request but never did he dare to write a romantic comedy.

He tried to write about his own love story, about his love Seokjin but every time time he attempted, it would end in severe panic attack. He wanted to write about it but with an alternate ending where love and happiness wins over everything. However, he drilled it into his mind that he is not worthy of even imagining a happily ever after with Seokjin. It felt like he was trying to be happy through the portrayal of his imagination which induced guilt in his heart.

Today was different. He started to type the first sentence and with the blink of an eye it was already 3 am in the morning with 7 pages completed. He was puzzled. How was this even possible?? No panic attack, no guilt feeling. Only peace!! He felt calm and peaceful after years. Without further thought, he went to bed.

On the other side, Jungkook told his parents about the decision he has taken along with Namjoon making them disheartened as they were expecting to see their son being happy with someone, being in love with someone. Jimin and Yoongi felt no different. Their hope to see their Joon happy and lively again got shattered. Hoseok and Taehyung were too excited but all of that excitement went to hell.

A loud ringing sound coming from the phone disturbed the Jungkook's sleep. Rubbing his eyes, he took the phone in his hand that was placed on the nightstand and found it was from an unknown number. Dithering a bit, he finally accepted the call.

"Jkaayyyy!!! What's up man??!! How have you been? Long time no see!!" The voice was pricking hundreds of needles at the same time in Jungkook's heart. He was very familiar to that charming voice. The voice that made him go weak on his knees in his teenage. The voice that shouted at high pitch encouraging him reach the finishing bar in sports field and swimming competitions. The voice that was the his addiction which gradually faded away from his life.

Thousands of emotions rushing in his nerves, a tear drop fell on his cheeks. It was his Eunwoo.