Part 15

"He threw water on me seonsaeng-nim! My shirt is dirty now." The 3 years old boy shouted at the top of his voice almost on the verge of crying. Jungkook took a deep sigh and slowly went towards Byung-ho with the light support of his walking stick. It was not easy to be a kindergarten homeroom teacher with certain health affliction. The principle offered to assign an associate teacher but being the mentally strong man he is, he rejected saying he will never let his health come in between his work. He was not wrong, not only the children loved him, but also every colleague of him respected the sincere teacher.

"Jaehyun, please do not repeat this. You are Byung-ho's best friend right?" Little Jaehyun gave a cute little nod. "If you throw water at him, his school uniform will get soaked in water and he will catch cold. Then if he falls sick, he won't be able to come to school the next day. Who will you play with? Do you want that?" Jungkook got a loud gasp from the little guy as response who instantly realised his mistake. "Sorry Kook-nim, I will never do this." "Say sorry to your friend Jaehyun." Jaehyun did not need to be told the second time. Jungkook always communicated with his students placing himself in their perspective. That was the beauty of his teaching. He wanted to educate them, not just teach them lessons. This is the unique quality that made him everyone's favourite.

It was a Friday so anxiety was building up inside him reminding him of his childhood best friend's arrival the next day. He was not ready to meet Eunwoo after 6 years. He waved goodbye to all his suppressed feelings and was not willing to take the risk of opening that chapter again. It's not that he had any chance, he was scared of his emotional self taking over his mind.

The school bell ring at 4:30 pm sharp announced the end of school day, hence his shift being over. But Junghoon would be arriving at around 5 o'clock after finishing his regular shift in the bank where he works as an accountant to pick up Jungkook. He can manage himself in public transport but it will be a little difficult for him. Moreover, Junghoon and Yuri are too safeguarding towards their child. During this time, Jungkook will sit on a secluded bench in the school garden and enjoy the beautiful sight of the various kinds of orchids which predominantly decorated the garden.

A little boy came running towards Jungkook panting heavily. He was startled by the unexpected guest in his hidden shelter. "Hey there little one, slow down first." Offering some water he asked, "Are you looking for your parents? Which class are you in?" Before the little boy could answer, an almond eyed handsome man approached them with an awkward boxy smile on his face. "I'm sorry for the disturbance." He apologised to Jungkook. "No no, he was not disturbing me. Is he alright? Are you his guardian?" "Yes, this is my son Jung Kim Hwan. He got his admission today and being too excited about joining school and making friends. Sometimes he just doesn't listen to us and keep pulling dangerous stunts like this." "It's good to know he is excited about school. I have seen many kids throwing tantrums to come to school." Jungkook said ruffling the Hwan's hair.