Part 10

The conversation got interrupted by the waiter who placed a delicious looking glass of chocolate milk shake and a cup of decaf on the table. Due to low appetite, Jungkook cannot finish an entire glass but he is really fond of the drink. So without wasting a moment, he drew the straw towards his mouth and took a long sip from his drink. Namjoon found this act too adorable and smiled internally taking a small sip from his drink as well.

"Then we should just tell our parents that we both are agreed to not proceed with this marriage. I'm sure they will understand." Jungkook said looking at Namjoon's eyes which felt a little intimidating to him making him take his glance away immediately.

"You are right. I'm glad we could sort this out between us. But it has been nice to meet you Jungkook. I hope everything in your life goes as you want them to and find the right person for you." Namjoon said with a small smile on his face which could make the younger feel giddy inside. Somewhere in the back of his head he knew it was not possible, a physically weak person is not worthy of someone's love. Maybe this is the actual reason why Namjoon is declining the marriage proposal. Not maybe, it must be!!

"I wish you the same Namjoon-shi, uh- I mean Namjoon!" The said man wanted to laugh out loud as this he himself doesn't wish to be happy anymore, but instead he chose to reply a kind thank you.

"I shall call my appa to pick me up. You can leave." "No, I'm not leaving you!" The sudden protective instinct got triggered in the tall man. He cannot just walk out on this fragile boy. "No need to call your father, I will drop you home. Please guide me with the directions." Saying this he got up from his seat and helped Jungkook to do the same holding his thin arms with his giant hands. Jungkook didn't get the chance to protest, rather he felt safe.

"Would you like to come inside?" "I would escort you to the door, then I will take my leave." Jungkook never felt this much safe and secured in someone else's company besides his parents. Being the well mannered man he is, he invited Namjoon in but the older politely rejected. There was no point of insisting as this would be the last time they are going to see each other.