Chapter 48

"This means war"

Enzo's pov:
"Now is that all"? "I have places to be". "Yes mr Marchetti that's all, for now I'll schedule a new meeting in a few days from now enjoy the night and be careful", he says. "Goodnight", i say standing up as my phone rings.

"Caleb, everything okay"? "Yes arias' on her way to the restaurant now with the driver", he says. "Perfect I'll be there soon myself just leaving the meeting now", i reply. "Have you remembered the ring"? He asks. "Yes it's in the car waiting, thanks for the update I'll contact her now", i say ending the call before redialling aria.

Arias pov:

"Hello"? "Hello amore, excited"? I hear from down the call. "Yes, where are you"? I ask. "Ive just left the meeting now and on my way I shouldn't be too far behind, wait there for me go straight inside I don't want you out in the open", he says. "Yes sir", i reply. "I mean it aria I don't want you in the cold go inside and wait for me I'll only be a couple minutes later", he says.

"Yeah okay, how was the meeting"? I ask. "Better than expected we have some more info on Gio so that's good plus we found an underground area he has been hiding stock in so we'll be taking that for sure", he says. "Wont that just make things worse"? I ask.

"In a life like this aria things always get worse he will end up worse weather we take it or not so we might as well". He says. "Okay I'm 5 minutes away message me when your nearby"? I say. "Okay ti amo, (I love you) see you soon", he says. "I love you too", i reply ending the call.

"We are here miss", the driver says coming to a stop outside the restaurant. "Thank you you may go now", i say stepping out the car. "Are you sure, I wouldn't like to know you were alone whilst Enzo is on his way", he says. "I'll be fine he's only a couple minutes away plus I'm going straight inside to wait", i say. "I'll be safe", i add.

"Okay miss have a good night", he says getting in the car before driving away. I decided to wait outside the restaurant for Enzo as he isn't too far behind. A few minutes go by as it starts to get cold so I decide
to walk up the steps.

another car pulls up slowly behind shouting my name .I turn to see the driver roll down his window calling me hoping it's enzo. "Who are you"? I ask back stood on the steps.

"Enzo's had to stop by the house on the way there's been another attack", he says. "So he's sent me to come and collect you", he adds. "But I've never seen you before"? I add. "I'm one of the new staff he's hired now come on we have to leave", he says as another man exits the car pushing me towards it.

"Wait no get off me I can walk myself", i say. "What the fuck is wrong with you are you deaf I said get off of me", i say throwing my head back hitting him in the nose. "You fucking bitch", he says holding his nose as the driver gets out shoving me in the back of the car.

"Get the fuck off me"! I shout as someone beside me holds a cloth over my face. "No no please no".

Enzos pov:

"I love you too", she says ending the call. "How far to go"? I ask the driver. "Around 10 minutes mr Marchetti we have become stuck in what looks like a line of traffic caused by a small incident", he says.
"Take the alley on our right now then take a left we will skip this traffic and come out on the other end", i say.

As we arrived at the restaurant, it started raining. Just in time, a waitress came running down the steps with an umbrella to accompany me back inside. "Do you have a reservation sir"? The lady at the desk asks. "Yes it's under marchetti my girlfriend should already be here", i say.

"I'm sorry mr marchetti but no one has arrived under that name, do you know how long ago they should've been here"? She asks. "Should be around 5-10 minutes ago", i reply. "I'm sorry we haven't had anyone enter for the last hour as your reservation was our last", she replies.

"Just give me one minute", i say pulling out my phone before dialling aria.

Straight to answer phone. I decided to ring Caleb to figure out which driver she had to accompany her. "Caleb where's aria"? I ask. "She's at the restaurant, why where are you"? He asks. "She's not at the fucking restaurant because I'm here and she's nowhere in sight". "Where the fuck is she Caleb which driver had her", i say.

"Marcel took her he arrived back a couple of minutes ago saying she didn't want him to wait and told him to head back, he said she was already walking up to the place when he drove away", he says. "Well she's nowhere in sight and no one's entered the restaurant for the past hour so where the fuck is she", i say.

"Calm down I'm coming now with santi we'll be there soon ask for the cctv outside maybe that will show us", he says.

-

By the time the cctv is found santi and Caleb had already arrived and watching the screen along with me. "Is this the girl"? A woman asks zooming in on a black SUV dropping her off. "That's her slow it down", Caleb says as the camera shows marcel driving away as another car arrives.

"Who the fuck is that", santi mummers as the car window rolls down shouting her name. She turns befote slowly walking back down step by step as someone comes from the back of the car catching her from behind. "Zoom in and slow it down more here", i say before taking pictures of both the driver and figure behind.

We watch as she hits the guy behind in the nose before being shoved in the back, as they drive away I catch a last picture of the car from behind including the plate number. "Thanks for that cancel the reservation and do nothing with that footage understand"? I say as she nods handing me the flash drive with the full footage.

"Let's go she can't be far", i say leaving the building followed by Caleb and santi. "This has gio written all over it", i add.

"This means war".

1129 words

Make sure to vote 🤍