Chapter 38

"Holy shit"

"What", i say as he stands there. "They fucking raided us, they came out of nowhere at the docks a whole bunch of them and took our shit", he says.

"Fuck where is he", i say walking over to my draw pulling out a gun loading it before putting on some joggers following Caleb out onto the landing. "Stay up here", i say to aria on the bed.

"They started chasing us back but we lost them only santi got shot but it's only a graze", he says as we make our way down to the kitchen. "Fuck lexi can you be much harder"! Santi says as Lexi tries to remove the bullet.

"I thought you said it was just a graze the bullets fucking lodged in him", i say walking over to my counters being covered in blood and cleaning equipment.

"Who the fuck done it", i say looking through the blinds to the living room. "I think we both know who", Caleb replies. "He's finally started his plan", he adds as I turn to see aria stood in the doorway looking over at the counter.

"Holy shit", she says as I walk over standing in front of her. "Aria you can't be here", i say as she looks up at me.

"He's coming for me isn't he", she asks tearing up. "He's not coming anywhere near you, I'll make sure if that myself ok"? I say. "Go back upstairs I'll be up soon", i say as she nods making her way back up.

"Who the fuck shot you", i say now turning my attention back to Santi. "Guess I wasn't lucky enough to have one of gios bullets, they're probably saved for you", he says laughing. "One of his men who else"? He asks sarcastically.

"Well everyone here would jump at the opportunity to shoot you", Lexi says pouring disinfectant on the wound. "Fuck"! He says back. "Not helping Lexi", i say. "Call the doctor in the meantime bandage it up good don't let him bleed everywhere and meeting now", i say making my way to the meeting room.

Aria:

I make my way back upstairs getting changed into some pjs before taking off my makeup from tonight and tidying away the mess from before. I hang up the dress along with fresh laundry. I place the two ties back in the drawer along with placing the heels and shoes on their racks.

Turning the light off to the closet I make my way back over to the bed sinking into my side under the quilt. There was no lights on except the one beside the bed making it more cosy.

I decided to wait until Enzo came back to ask him more about the situation but in the meantime I distracted myself by watching a movie on my laptop.

Enzo:

"How did they get past the ones at the entrance", i say slamming my hand down on the desk. "They just all came in one there was too many we couldn't of won if we tried", Caleb says. "We need more guards for shipments", Santi adds. "Yeah no shit".
"We are meant to be moving in less than a week we do not need any of this in the way", i say.

"We physically don't have enough we used to until you decided to take away some so there would be more to protect the house", Santi says. "Aria needs protecting right now", i say. "We can't risk him getting her". "I done what I thought was right", i say.

"I didn't just add extra security for aria I added extra for when my parents came", i add. "But right now, we need it more than ever", i say. "Once we move we will have double the amount half for the house half for shipments", i say. "No in-between".

"How much did they take"? I ask looking over at Caleb. "Around 50%", he says. "They would've had enough time to get a bit before leaving it to follow us", he says. "But they may of gone back to get the rest after we lost them", he adds.

"Get the cctv for the gates surrounding I want to see how much they took", i say as one of my men nods making their way out to the security office.

Aria:

I finish watching the end of a film I started earlier in the day before turning off the bedside lamp. I stood up putting away my laptop before heading down for a drink.

The counter still had blood and bits of tissue on from Santi which I avoided. I stood outside the meeting room trying to listen into what they were saying but it was all muffled. I heard someone coming from another room so I made my way back upstairs.

Placing my drink on the side of the bed I stand back up to close the curtains. I look out noticing a few guards standing together on the outer side of the fence before climbing over carrying guns. I notice more coming from the opposite side and a few more cars pull up.

These aren't enzos guards.

I notice one of them look straight up at me before pointing as I run away to go and tell Enzo. I notice more coming from the back as I make my way down the stairs banging on the meeting door. "Enzo"! "Enzo open the door they're here"! I say as he opens the door.

"They're here there's so many of them", i say as a gunshot goes off piercing through a vase on a stand beside the main door. "Caleb take her to my parents now"! He says pulling me behind as Caleb grabs ahold of my arm. "What no what about you"! I say back as he turns to face me before taking a few guns out of a drawer.

"I'm going to trust you with this okay", he says. "Take this is anyone gets in your way you shoot". "I'll be okay I promise you stay at my parents until further notice now go"! He says as Caleb pulls me out of the room towards the garage.

1037 words

Make sure to vote 🤍