Chapter 45

Aphrodite

A few more days go by a Enzo has started progressing quickly. He can now sit up by himself and walk about the room when he needs too although the nurses don't advise him to walk for long at once which he just ignores.

"I'm perfectly fine I can walk so I'm pretty sure I can leave", he says. "It's been a week since you were shot and nearly lost your life there's no way they will let you just leave un announced. "Too late we are leaving", he says unplugging all the wires and drips in his arms.

"Enzo I can't let you do this what if something happens", i say. "Caleb", he says as Caleb walks over along with Santi already ready. "Let's go aria he'll be alright plus we have the home doctor that's just around the corner", he says.

"Fine but I won't be surprised if you get worse", i say walking out.

-

We stopped by the old house to say our final goodbyes before making our way to the new one. Upon our arrival we saw a couple moving vans unloading boxes and pieces of furniture. "Lexi"! I shout as she comes running over. "What the hell are you doing here and why is he here"? She asks looking over at Enzo slowly stepping out the car.

"Don't even start he wouldn't listen and just discharged himself", i say. "Sounds like Enzo anyway come and see the house", she says pulling me along the drive.

-

"So we've already started to unbox things and start putting them places they usually go like the utensils in the kitchen towels in the bathrooms and pieces of larger furniture like couches and beds", she says. "We have more maids now anyway so they're also helping to restock things like shampoo and other things around the house", she says.

"This place is really nice", i say. "I know right it's the biggest one we've been in yet", she adds. "I had to fight santi over a room but I won of course since he's been in the hospital I've already moved my things in there", she says.

"It's closer to yours just a couple doors down since Caleb always has the room opposite enzo, she says. "We already have everyone assigned to their new rooms whilst you were at the hospital we haven't started unpacking anything in yours yet as we didn't know where you'd like your things", she says.

"But all the boxes and furniture is there along with a new bed that Enzo ordered before going into hospital", she adds. "I'll leave you too it I'll come by in a couple hours or so I have to start unpacking my things", she says. "Okay sure I'll see you then", i reply.

-

I decided to try and put the bed together since it'll be the most important thing we need to be set up first for tonight. I unbox all the pieces and screws and lay them out on the floor before opening the instructions to page 1.

It was easy as the sides all clipped together and just needed tightening which left me with the mattress. By the time the bed was made and a few other boxes were unpacked Lexi came by to see the progress although Enzo had never came up.

"Where's Enzo"? I ask looking up at lexi walking out from the bathroom with fresh towels. "He's in the garden with a few others there's a stone sculpture being dropped off", she says. "Wait what"? I ask. "He never told me about that", i add walking out the room.

"Oh my god", i say walking out to see the cloth being pulled off from the statue. "Like it"? He asks looking over. "It's the same one your mother has", i say. "She told me how interested you were so I ordered one I thought it would go perfectly here", he says. "Thank you", I reply.

"How about we finish the room and then I'll take you out"? He asks looking down at me. "Enzo your still recovering we can't", i say. "What if they make another appearance we can't risk it", i say. "They won't and I'm okay plus it's only 5 minutes away from here you'll love it just trust me okay"? He says. "Now come on let's see this bed you put together", he adds laughing.

-

We made it back up to the room before deciding where the bed would go. I insisted on organising and moving things around as enzo was still quite sore which left him organising the wardrobe with his endless suit and tie collections.

"Nearly finished"? He asks walking back into the main room as I finish up making the bed. "Nearly there's a few other bits and pieces but they will have to wait", i reply.

"I'll go and organise some people to keep us company whilst we are out while you get ready", he says kissing the top of my head. "Okay see you soon", i reply walking into the bathroom.

-

We still had a few other boxes of clothes to hang up so I made do with the things that were already out. I had found a just over the knee emerald dress which I had never worn before so I decided to wear that along with brushing out my hair as I already had my makeup done.

We both meet up again downstairs before making our way out for dinner, it was a short drive which was nice and the place looked so fancy as we pulled up. "Wow", i say stepping out the car as enzo holds his jacket over my hair due to the rain. "Fancy right"? He says as I nod.

It was a change for once we had other people on tables around us which was nice. We both ordered the spaghetti special they had along with sharing a bottle of red wine. "Why do you make them wait outside it's raining Enzo", i say looking over at the guards getting soaked.

"We can't risk anything I know it's bad timing with the weather but that's what they're hired to do amore". "Let them inside", i reply as he shakes his head. "Then you wouldn't be protected", he says. "Enzo please for me let them inside and get something to eat", i reply as he huffs.

"Fine just this once, wait here while I ask for a larger table", he says as I smile. He walked over to a waiter as they point to a larger table just behind where we were originally sitting before making his way over to the doors allowing the guards to come in.

They all took off their jackets before hanging them over the backs of their chairs using the napkins to wipe the rain from their face. "Happy"? He says sitting back down beside me. "Very", i say as the others order.

-

It was a fun night, we all talked together which was nice before we knew it, it was already time to go as the place were closing soon. The rain had stopped by now which was good as we had all dried up. "Thank you for tonight", i say kissing the side of his cheek. "Your welcome", he says wrapping his arm around my waist as we walk back to the car.

1235 words

Make sure to vote 🤍