Chapter 46

Don't fall for it

The next day

"How are you"? Caleb asks sitting across from me in the garden. "I'm okay it's a big change due to everything going on, I'm still worried about enzo since he discharged himself without consent from a nurse", i say. "He'll be okay plus we have a home doctor so if anything was to happen he'd be in safe hands", he replies.

"How are you feeling about your situation"? He asks. "Do you know when your going to tell him"? He adds. "I'm not sure yet I want to wait a couple extra days I don't want him to end up nearly dying again from the news", i reply. "I'll probably set up a dinner date and tell him then", i say. "I could get a restaurant booked out just for you too for the night if you wanted", he replies.

"I'll make sure it's nearby incase anything happens", he says. "Thank you Caleb, for everything it's really appreciated", i say as he nods.

Enzo:

"Ash, santi"? I say as they both turn around before walking over. "Got a minute"? I say as they nod. "What's up", santi says taking a seat in the office followed by ash. "Hold on we need Caleb can someone give him a shout", i reply. "Sure he's in the garden with aria", ash says walking out".

-

"Right so I need one of you to make a reservation for a restaurant nearby try to find one we haven't been to yet but still up to my standards", i say as Caleb gets searching for some numbers. "I want all 3 of you to keep this secret to yourselves until after I say it's clear", i say. "I'm going to propose after the meal, I think it's the perfect time with everything going on we have to be sure", i say. "Plus my parents agree", i add.

"Do you have the ring and everything else sorted"? Santi asks. "No not yet I'm going out straight after this to go and find one which means one of you need to keep her occupied", i reply. "I'll have the reservation booked by tonight", Caleb says.

-

We get to the jewellery store closest to the house in order to find the perfect ring. I invited my mother along to help me find one as she's more likely to know than me. "So does she wear gold or silver more"? She asks. "Silver", i reply. "What about that"? I ask pointing to one in its own stand centre of the room. "Hi would you like any help today"? Someone asks walking over. "Yes can you show me this ring please", my mother says as the assistant looks confused.

"Sorry but this ring is quite pricey are you sure"? She asks. "Of course we are sure now are you going to stand there and lose your job or help us and keep it", i say as she nods before opening the case.

"So this is our white gold 35 carat ring with a motion of fluidity and grace. This ring reveals the centre stone in a intertwined band set with round diamonds that gently overlap to create the symmetrical curves you see either side", she says.

"May I ask how much this is"? My mother asks as the assistant clears her throat. "This ring is the most expensive ring we have here at 10 million", she says. As I smirk. "I'll take it", i say as she stands smiling "Very well mr"? She asks. "Marchetti", i reply. "Enzo Marchetti", i add as her face drops. "Try not to take long", i say as she walks away with the ring.

"Are you sure this is the one enzo we can go to other stores if you want"? She asks. "Yes this is the one mother", i reply. "She's going to love it", she says. "That's the plan".

-

Aria:

"What are you doing"? I look up and see someone standing in-front of me blocking the sun. "Finding an outfit for the restaurant, best to have it picked in advance", i reply. "Don't just stand there come and help me", i add as Lexi walks over to the outfits on the floor.

"What restaurant"? She asks. "Oh Caleb booked a place for me and enzo to eat at tomorrow night so that's why I'm sat picking an outfit", i say. "Any special occasions"? She asks. "Not any that I know of yet just a meal", i reply. "The black one then, cute and simple", she says smiling.

"How is he doing"? She asks. "He's putting on a brave face I think he's just trying to get everything back to normal and to how it was", i say. "I've told him to keep things simple until he fully recovers, I don't want him to overdo it and risk anything happening", i add.

"It's probably best him trying to get things back to normal as it'll ease his mind and act as a distraction from what happened", she says. "The meal will be good for you two to really catch up about everything", she adds.

"I know it's something we really need right now but I still can't accept that this problem isn't over", i say. "Because it's not", she says. "I don't want to scare you but that shoot out and the shipments being stolen were just the beginning, we have another whole chapter heading our way", she adds.

"Gios egos too big for him to just call it quits after one incident, he'll keep pecking and pecking until he takes it all", she says. "He won't stop until he has us all right where he wants us, that's why we need these meetings most to come up with ways to not only slow him down but overpower", she adds.

"He won't stop until me and enzo are dead"? I ask. "I'm not sure about you but Enzo for sure since he's head of the business after his father gave it to him, gios most likely to use you to lure Enzo out which is why he came to the club to get into your head", she says. "Don't fall for it".

1036 words

Make sure to vote 🤍