Chapter 15

"Don't say a word"

I sat on the bathroom counter for around 10 minutes before packing everything back into one of the drawers beneath. The outfit which laid across the arm of the chair didn't interest me anymore so I hung it back up before picking out some new clothes.

Enzo's right. I mean I know the scars are going to be there forever along with the past. He was certain that no one would say anything. So I decided to put some shorts on along with a sports bra before placing my hair up in a messy bun.

"Aria are you done yet the boys are all waiting for us"? "Yeah I just have to go and make the food". "Don't bother Caleb made it he's very particular with how his food is presented".

"Oh right okay I guess that saves me from making it then". "Are you going like that"? "Yeah why"? "In that case", Lexi says taking off her hoodie to match along with me.

-

"Are you sure you don't have to go like this to prove a point or anything". "No I'm sure I want to do this I want to face something I've been putting off for ages". "Well let's get going then there waiting". "Okay".

3rd person:

Both girls walk down the hallway before walking towards a tall glass door covered with black curtains. "Why are we here the living rooms downstairs". "We have a built in cinema", Lexi says smiling. "Oh". "I forgot he was a billionaire".

They both walk inside to see the boys all sat around on jet black chairs with dim lights scattered around and a tall wide screen placed infront of them as they all turn around to see them both stood at the door.

"Don't say a word", enzo whispers as everyone turns their head back around to the front. "Too late to turn back now", Lexi says walking around to sit on a chair with aria following behind.

"I could never imagine a group of mafia men sitting around watching a movie together eating popcorn". "We do this all the time", Lexi says laughing. "Enzo never comes but I guess he came today for a change".

"How come he never comes". "He's usually in his office getting on with paperwork or just business". "He probably doesn't have much to do today".

-

The movie went fast. Throughout the movie arias phoned beeped every now and then from the notifications coming in which she missed.

"Who is it"? "Just my friend from school". "She's just asking why I haven't been in". "What are you going to say"? "That I quit". "I thought you liked it"? "Long story".

"She wants to see me". "Arrange something with her". "Maybe you could arrange to see her where you used to work". "Yeah right like I'm going to be allowed out of here alone". "I'll go with you". "I don't think that's a good idea". "Enzo still thinks you were involved with me going with them before".

"Let me talk with him". "The least we can do is try". "Even if he says no".

-

The movie ended shortly after with the boys all walking out along with Lexi leaving aria alone inside still catching up with everything she had missed.

"He said yes" Lexi says walking back in as aria pops her head up from the back of a chair. "Really"? "Yeah on one condition". "Oh here we go". "He wants one of his bodyguards to wait outside in one of the cars.

"He also wants to speak to you". "What about"? "I don't know he's across the hall in his office". "Okay".

Arias pov:

I stood up making my way across to the other side of the room as my feet dragged along the carpet beneath with the tv screen switch completely off leaving the only source of light beaming from the corners of the room.

As soon as i re entered into the hallway the light hit me from above as all lights were switched on due to it being late at night. I look diagonally across to see a tall dark wooden door with silver handles which should be his office.

I walked over before opening up the door to reveal a large wooden desk with a tall dark chair behind covered in papers and files along with a small lamp in the corner.

"Enzo"? I ask as the chair swings around revealing him sat there with his shirt unbuttoned revealing the chest hair beneath and tie loosened hanging down.

"What did you want"? I say before being cut off by him holding up a finger. "You knock before entering", he says in a low tone. "It's not like you knock before walking in on me", I say back folding my arms together.

"It's my house amore". "I have to talk to you about tomorrow". "Lexis already said that we can go as long as someone waits outside what more is there to say"?

"If you let me finish you would know", he says. "My mothers coming tomorrow along with my father", he says standing up from the chair walking over to the front of the desk.

"I want you to be back by 12". "Before they arrive", he says leaning back against the desk. "Your mother"? "Yes". "They are also going to be staying over for the night".

"Is that all"? "No we have to act up again like a couple". "We are going out for a meal later on at night so whilst your out with Lexi pick an outfit for the day". "What about at night"? "I'll sort it"

"There not going to make me marry you right"? "Not yet". "What's that supposed to mean"? "We will just say we are taking things slow". "You heard what he said last time you had 3 months".

"Exactly 3 months that's ages away". "Not really".

"You should get some rest for tomorrow". "I'll have one of my men be outside by 10", he says walking back round sitting at his desk.

1014  words

Make sure to vote 🤍