Chapter 34

Possessive behaviour

When we arrived home me and Lexi said our goodbyes for the night before parting ways as I walked up to Enzo's room. Shortly after changing out of my dress Enzo walked in closing the door behind him.

"What the fuck aria"!? He says as I turn around to face him. "What", i say as walks over to me. "Sneaking out"? "Surely we've overcome that fucking phase". "Why didn't you answer my fucking calls all night me and santi have been looking all over for you for the whole night", he says as I stand there with my arms crossed.

"So your finally taking an interest in me again", i say. "Is this the only way I can get you to", i add. "What are you talking about", he says as I interrupt. "You haven't paid attention to me at all since we got back"! "I get you have all of this shit on you but you can't just drop me once something else comes into mind"! "If you want this to work we both have to be on the same page".

"Aria there's a lot going on right now much more than you know"! "That's not excuse to just shove me aside"! I say with my arms now uncrossed. "I never shoved you aside"! He says getting more frustrated. "I've barely seen you since we got back you don't even come to bed at night anymore you stay in that office 24/7"!

"That doesn't mean you have to fucking sneak out and have me on some hunt for you all night just for the attention"! He says. "This isn't all about you"! "I just wanted a night to have fun but you always have to ruin it"! "your so fucking possessive Enzo I can't handle it"! "You expect me to stay here day after day and the second I step a meter out that door your on my back like it's the end of the fucking world"! "Your out of your mind"!

"I'm just trying to fucking protect you can't you see all of this is because of you"! He says as I stand there. "Because of me"? I ask. "So it's my fault someone broke into your home and fucking attacked me"! "It's my fault you killed them"!? "It's my fault there's now a fucking rival mafia now looking for you which could potentially end up with us going to war with one another"!

"Your so full of yourself, you put all your trauma and problems onto other people just because you can't accept the fact that sometimes your the problem"! I say. "Fuck you aria I wish I had never fucking saved you from that house"! He says as my eyes start to water. "Your a fucking prick Enzo"! I say shoving him aside before slamming the door behind me as I make my way out of the bedroom.

Walking out I find Caleb stood in the doorway of his room watching as I leave.

Caleb:

I hear the cars coming to a stop as the doors slam along with the front door opening. I knew it was just them. Sitting up from my chair I look out to see aria walking up the stairs heels in hand followed by Enzo a couple minutes later.

They argue and argue for a good 6-7 minutes as I stand in the doorway listening to their whole conversation as it goes silent. Footsteps were heard as the door swung open leaving aria slamming it behind her with tears rolling down her cheeks as she looks up at me.

She walks over before pulling me into a hug crying into my bare chest as her mascara runs down her cheeks smudging against her cheeks and my skin.

"It's alright he wouldn't of meant it", i say letting her come in my room closing the door behind us. "I just wanted to have fun", she says sitting down on my bed. "I know I'm sorry", i say as she looks up. "You didn't do anything", she says wiping her tears on her hand. "I told them where you both were", i say as she goes quiet. "Well if it wasn't for you we would've been sitting with gio for the night", she says as my face drops.

"Wait he was there", I ask as she nods. "He knew who I was", she says. "How does he know who I am"? She adds. "I really don't know, did he say anything else"? I ask. "He just said to tell Enzo that he'll see both him and me soon", she replies.

"Shit", i say rubbing my forehead. "Nothings going to happen right "? She asks as a nod. "No course not it's okay you can stay in my room for the night I'm going to go and get you some water okay"? I ask as she nods. "Thank you", she says as I walk out.

By the time I made it back upstairs she had already fallen asleep so I placed the water beside pulling the covers over so she wouldn't get cold.

I decided it's probably best to stay downstairs for the night so I wouldn't disturb her so I grabbed a couple blankets and pillows from a cupboard making my way down to one of the couches.

Enzo:

"Your a fucking prick", she says pushing me to the side slamming the door behind her with tears in her eyes. "Fuck". I think to myself sitting on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands. I immediately regretted what I said the second it came out my mouth my anger takes control occasionally I know that's no excuse for how much I hurt her. She was fucking crying. I made her cry.

I expected her to probably go and stay with Lexi for the night I decided to leave her until things died down so I took a shower before changing and making my way downstairs to find Caleb sat at the kitchen counter wiping black smudges off his chest.

"How come your down here"? I ask looking over to find a bed set up on the sofa. "Arias asleep in my room", he says. "She came to me crying after what you said to her that was low even for you Enzo", he says walking past placing tissues in the bin.

"What's all the stuff on your chest"? I ask as he walks back over. "Her mascara", was all he said making his way over to the sofa. "What the hell were you thinking", he says. 

"I don't know".

1107 words

Make sure to vote 🤍