Chapter 42

Sorry what?

"You go I'll tell his parents", i say standing up. "Are you sure you can go it's no bother", she says. "No it's okay I'll let them know", i say smiling.

I make my way down towards the entrance to see his father on a call and both Caleb and enzos mother stood against a railing. "He's out of surgery you can see him now", i say as she rushes over with enzos father ending his call.

"Hunny are you sure you should go and see him first", she says as we make our way back upstairs. "It's okay your his mother after all you should", i say smiling as she hugs me. "Thank you", she says walking away to find his room.

-

I decided to wait in the room with Caleb and Lexi whilst his parents staying with him for a while. They came back a little while later before saying their goodbyes as they were going to go back home for rest before coming back in the morning knowing he's safe with us.

"Are you sure you don't want to come back with us just give us a call if you want us to pick you up", his mother says saying her goodbyes. "I promise I'm fine for now I'll let you know any updates he gets", i say.

I let both Lexi and Caleb go to see him as they had to head back to the house to help around and keep on track of things now that the two main men were out. "He's all yours ari", Lexi says walking in before saying her goodbyes. "I'll see you soon stay safe", i say hugging her goodbye before making my way to his room.

The room he was in had the same style window as santi but the blinds were closed. I stayed strong until walking in seeing him there vulnerable on the bed with tubes and wires hooked up to him.

I sat beside him placing his hand in mine as I rest my head against his bed finding it hard to keep myself together. "I'm so sorry", i say kissing his hand as the room stays silent with his heart machine beeping every now and then.

"Santis okay he came out of surgery before you I went to see him when you were still in theatre he's looking good", i say. "You scared me", i say. "You really scared me I thought I was going to lose you I really did", i add wiping my tears as a nurse comes in.

"Sorry I didn't know anyone was in here we are doing checks every 15 minutes to record his heart and blood pressure due to the transfusion", she says as I stand up. "Okay that's fine", i say going to walk out. "You don't have to leave I won't be long just a few notes and you'll be on your own again", she says with a smile.

"He's really lucky, you've probably already been told that but he's strong you can tell", she says writing notes down in her book. "I don't mean to pry but he's been popular this last hour", she says. "What's your relation to him"? "I'm his partner and yes his mother and father came along with 2 of his cousins before Me", i say.

"He's lucky to have people round most people that come here only have a couple visits from one person it's nice to see a change of scenery in this room along with the one down the corridor they're related right"? She asks. "Yeah cousins", i say as she nods.

"Right that's all sorted I'll be back in the next 15 minutes for a second checkup I could get you some pillows if your willing to stay here overnight those chairs get uncomfortable at times", she says. "That would be amazing thank you", i reply.

-

Everyone decided to set a time for around 9 tomorrow for a visit to see how he was. I had promised caleb to let him know when santi was awake so he could come to visit and talk whilst I stayed with enzo as I couldn't stay with them both at the same time.

After the second checkup for Enzo I decided to walk along the corridor looking through the window of Santis room to see him up and awake fidgeting with the wires in his hand.

"Don't pull them out", i say walking in as he looks over at me. "What are you doing here it's not safe have they all left you here alone"? He says trying to get up as I walk over stopping him. "Sit back down, firstly nice to see you too yes I'm alone looking after both of you I'll call Caleb he said he'll come back when your awake", i say dialling his number.

"Wait", he says. "Where's Enzo is he okay"? He asks. "He's stable for now", i say. "He had it hard they were operating in him for a lot longer than you he's still unconscious", i say as he looks away. "Shit", he says. "Are you alright"? He asks as I nod. "I'm fine you both were lucky especially him", i say as he nods.

I ring Caleb as he sets off from the house. I decide to stay with Santi until he arrived before going back to Enzo. We talked until he came as a doctor came by with some medication taking out a couple wires leaving a couple in.

"His parents will be back in the morning along with Lexi they went back to rest but I didn't want to leave Enzo", i say as Caleb arrives. "You left her here alone are you mental"? He says as Caleb arrives. "Enzo would shoot you if he was awake right now", he adds.

"Nice to see you awake are you sure we can't knock you out for a couple more hours it was much peaceful before", Caleb says sitting down. "I'm going to go back to Enzo", i say saying my goodbyes.

-the next day

I walk into the room to find a doctor standing by the bed almost waiting for someone to appear. "Oh hi", i say walking in as he looks up. "Aria right"? He asks as I nod. "I'm mase one of the doctors arranged to give you a check over, it was rearranged here", he says. "Oh of course yeah", i say as he takes me outside.

"If you just follow me over here we can start", he says as I walk past Santis room as Caleb comes out. "Hey where are you taking her"? He says as we both turn. "It's okay he's a friend of Enzo's mothers she made him come here to give me a checkup we are only next door", i say as he nods.

"So I just have a few things to check like the normal blood pressure, a blood test along with the average eye, ears,throat tests so we won't be long", he says putting on some gloves.

He checked my eyes first then my ears and throat before moving over to check my blood pressure. "Your blood pressures drop a little but nothing to worry about you'll just have to drink more water and exercise regularly for the next couple weeks to get it back to normal", he says.

"Right so I'll just tie this around your arm so I'll be able to take some blood for a quick blood test I'll take it to the lab straight away and be back in around 20-30 minutes if that's okay", he says as I nod. "That's fine", i say as he starts to take the blood.

After he finished I made my way back to Enzo's room before letting Caleb know I'm done as he came to sit in with me in Enzo's room whilst we wait for the results.

-

Around 20 minutes later 2 doctors appeared one for a checkup and the one with the results. I decided to head out for the results as Caleb decided to come along to make sure I was alright.

"So everything's fine your perfectly fine no abnormalities at all so both you and the baby are perfectly in the clear", he says.

"Sorry what"?

1389 words

Make sure to vote 🤍