Chapter 20

Dealing with the devil

⚠️longer chapter⚠️

We finished up in the restaurant before making our way out towards a dress and suit store. Both of us wanted a new outfit for the special occasion.

Enzo already had a suit on hold which left me to decide what dress I wanted. I look through the rails and displays choosing multiple dresses to try on to find the best fit before finding the one I liked the most.

We finished up paying before keeping them behind the counter to pick up last as we still needed to buy presents.

"What do you think she'd like"? He asks looking over at me. "I'm not sure you've known her longer you tell me". "If it was your birthday what would you like"? He asks.

"To be free", i say smirking.

"Okay then if you were her what would you like"? "Jewellery", I say smiling. "Jewellery it is".

I followed him towards a jewellery store with tall glass windows and velvet displays showing the latest off in store.

There were glass counters all around with different colours of jewellery aswell as different types. From rings to necklaces, from bracelets to earrings.

He asked what type she'd prefer which I instantly knew. "Bracelets", I say back knowing she had a whole drawer full.

He took us over to the bracelet section as we looked down into the glass counter below looking at the different ones in store.

He chose me to chose any that she'd like as he had a phone call leaving me at the counter as he stood in the doorway in case I ran.

He knows me so well.

I picked the perfect silver bracelet before telling one of the workers so that they could gift wrap it for us before enzo comes walking back to the table.

"And there's your bracelet", the worker says placing it infront of us.

We made our way out before buying other little gifts to put with it aswell as some pieces of clothes before making our way back to the car.

-

"I'll be out tonight", he says starting up the car. "Including lexi"? I ask. "Lexi went this morning". "She's gone to see her grandparents for a couple days before her birthday".

"Where are you going"? I ask. "I have a very important shipment coming in which is why I'm going". "You however will stay at the house with one of the bodyguards", he says.

"Not santi", i say. "No not santi". "Caleb". "Okay", i say sitting back in my seat. "What kind of shipment"? I ask. "You sure do ask a lot of questions". "Weapons", he says.

"So by saying important you mean dangerous", I ask. "Pretty much which is why you won't be going", he says.

"And don't try to do anything smart Caleb isn't like santi", he says.

"I know Caleb's nice unlike some people", I say rolling my eyes.

-

We arrived back before putting everything together in one of the spare rooms since his parents had gone home.

He started stripping the walls and taking down furniture in the spare rooms including the one I was staying in because they were getting re done.