Chapter 27

Doubts

It has been a couple days since Enzo's murder case was published online. He believes their leader has gone back into hiding but I believe he's still out there waiting for the right time to get payback for what Enzo and his men had done.

Today Enzo's taking me for a trip down to where his parents live for a small get away from everything for a couple days, he told me he had a meal planned for at night along with some surprises along the way.

We set off around 10 followed by multiple cars with guards as you can never be too careful before shortly arriving at his parents house around 45 minutes later.

His parents house was a 2 story half modern half cabin based house with rustic and industrial designs on the inside creating a cosy and natural environment.

The house on the outside was decorated by dark stained glass and the odd wooden panel wall for extra detail. The trees and plants were freshly shaped and planted creating a clean and fresh look along with a thin stone chipping driveway.

We were warmly welcomed in and shown around the home by his mother as his father was in his office on a call with one of his brothers.

Their kitchen had white polished counters with wooden tops with a rectangular island central surrounded by hanging industrial lights.

They had a display spice cupboard all labelled with fresh spices top to bottom which hung on a plain wall beside the cooker along with a towel and glove rack beside followed by all kinds of utensils.

Before showing us the garden we make our way up to see the room me and enzo will be staying in for the weekend.

The roof was slanted and filled with wooden planks along with dark stained beams holding them together. A cluster of pendant lights hung from the centre of the room lighting up every corner.

Upon a grey thin furred rug stood a king sized bed filled with pillows and blankets of all shades of browns and nude colours to match the theme along with a matching leather headboard.

2 main dark stained windows stood top to bottom of the room, either side hung some long grey curtains just lifted from the floor.

Across from the bed stood a lonely door to the en-suite. Walking in you could see a mix of wooden and white themes travelling around the room creating a cosy and welcoming impression.

The bathroom was decorated with all different types of plants and ornaments along with the odd fairy light string and a row of candles.

The main lights were of a warm yellow colour to make it feel more relaxing and home-like instead of a blinding bright white light which I adored.

-

After finishing unpacking I made my way down to the kitchen to find Enzo's mother sat on the couch. "You have a lovely home", i say sitting down next to her. "It's really cosy".

"Your so sweet your welcome anytime", she replies. "Do you want anything to drink I can make something for you or some food if your hungry"? She asks. "No no it's okay honestly Enzo has a meal planned so I don't want to have no appetite", I say smiling.

"Speaking of Enzo do you know where he is"? "He kind of just vanished". I ask. "He's probably in the office with his father discussing business like they always do".

"How are you and enzo doing"? She asks. "I heard about what happened the other day we were going to come down to see you but Enzo insisted that everything was okay", she says.