Chapter 31

"Time to give him the run around"

We had been dancing for what feels like eternity. The drinks didn't take long to hit due to the amount of spirit within them making it almost impossible to act 100% sober. This was one night I knew I'd either have to get nowhere near wasted and be "grounded" or get totally wasted for the same consequence.

Obviously option B

Drinks upon drinks started filling up our table as we were willingly open to try every option on their menu. "We are so in trouble", she says laughing as we are sat on the booth. "How are we going to get back"? I ask drinking the last in my glass.

"I didn't think that far ahead but hey don't think about the future live in the moment", she says pulling me back up to the dance floor as someone clears our glasses.

Enzo:

"Alright then that's settled, we set up a meeting with people he has never seen before in order to find out why he's back". "We will all come back tomorrow after the shipment to discuss the matter further".

Everyone's watches as I leave loosening the tie from around my neck as well as unbuttoning my jacket from around my waist. I need to apologise to aria from before, things become out of hand due to the stress put on me from everything and I took it out of her.

"Aria"? I say opening up the bedroom door to find the bed still made from this morning. "Can we talk"? I say searching both the bathroom and closet.

Pulling out my phone from my pocket I dial her number which goes straight to answer phone. I try and try again a few more times whilst searching other rooms on the same corridor.

"Aria"! I shout making my way down the stairs searching those rooms as everyone exits the meeting room. "What's she done this time"? Santi says. "She's not here", i reply. "Where's Lexi"? I ask as everyone goes silent.

"Your fucking joking", I say scrolling through the contacts to Lexis number. "Lexi"? I say as someone answers the phone.

"Enzo"? I hear her say from down the line. "Lexi where are you where's aria"? I ask hearing nothing but music down the line. "We are fine just having a good time don't sweat", she says ending the call.

"Well"? Santi asks. "Does it look like I fucking know get your keys they can't of gone far", i say making my way to the garage.

"My keys are gone", he says following behind as we both notice the front car gone. "They took my car"! He says looking at all the other cars to make sure. "They had all these options and took my fucking car", he says. "Well let's hope Lexis driving and not aria", i say unlocking a different car. "If it's aria driving then your fucked", I add throwing the keys over to him to drive.

"Aria where are you, tell me where you are", i say down the line to hear nothing in return. "Aria answer me for fucks sake".

"Somewhere where your not", she says ending the line as I re dial her number. "What", she says in return as I cut her off. "You better tell me where you are or I swear", i say as she ends the calls again.

"Looks like they don't want finding tonight", santi says beside me. "Yeah well they'll come out sooner or later I've already contacted all the clubs I know and they haven't been seen there so that just leaves 2", I say.

"Bella vita and primavera", santi says. "How far from both places"? I ask. "Around 10 minutes from Bella vita and around 25 from primavera", he says. "Better start with the sweet talk so she doesn't hang up again", he adds. "Focus more on getting us their quicker yeah", i say re dialling aria.

Aria:

"He's obsessed", i say ignoring the call vibrating in my hand. "He's only showing all this attention when I leave his possessive perimeter". "He hasn't spoke to me at all practically since we got back and now he thinks I want to waste a night on him", i say.

"Hey they're bound to be on their way here so why don't we go to a different club before they arrive", Lexi says pulling me up and out of my chair. "The back way is quicker", she says laughing. "Time to give him the run around", i say smiling as we walk out.

"Okay so keep this between us I know a underground bar enzo has never heard of that we can go to", she says. "He only knows the 2 main ones around here Bella vita and the primavera". "He doesn't know the underground though"? I ask. "Nope I used to go all the time I'm friends with everyone it was my get away from our whole family business", she adds.

"You'll love it now get a move on its freezing", she says laughing.

Enzo:

"Where are they"? I ask finding Santi after searching the first club. "No sight of them I checked it over with the bouncers, they haven't stepped foot in here", he says. "They must've gone to the other one come on they can't of got far look for your car on the way since they took that", i say as we reach my car.

"You need to start keeping tracks on this one", he says as I give him a side eye. "Yeah well she'll be dealt with now focus on the road".

Aria:

We had made it to the underground a faint noise came from beneath a fake door. This club really was underground as the latch opened up the sounds became louder and louder. A short walk until we were on the actual floor surrounded by people lights and best of all alcohol.

"Now this is something different", i say as Lexi smiles. "This is my life lee now come on meet my friends", she says dragging me to the bar. "Marco"! She shouts above the music as a tall dark haired man appears from the opposite side of the bar carrying liquor bottles.

"No way the famous Lexi in the flesh I thought you left for good", he says placing the bottles down hugging her across the counter. "Yeah well my friend here is totally a underground virgin so obviously I had to take her here it's the best in town", she says as he turns to look at me with a gentle smile.

"Marco, nice to meet you", he says lifting his hand to mine. "Aria nice to meet you too", i say exchanging a smile. "So what can I get you two", he says looking back at Lexi then to me.

"Come on no way you've already forgotten my order do you still do those"? She asks as he laughs. "Not anymore but I'll make them especially for you we still have the right stuff for it anyway", he says as she smiles. "And for you", he says pouring the liquor in a glass.

"The same for her she needs to try this for sure make sure to double the shots inside and add lemons just how I like it", she says as he nods. "Trust me I'll never forget this order". "2 coming up you know your way around no need for a tour from me", he says as she smiles taking the drinks.

"Hold the drink tight you cannot spill this it's amazing, now keep up I want to you to see the best area", she adds.

1277 words

Make sure to vote 🤍