Chapter 44

It can wait

I made my way back to Enzo helping him with his food and Caleb made his way back to Santi. "So you'll get to see Santis soon then", i say opening a bottle. "Looks like it", he replies. "Listen I want to have a chat about something", i say as he looks up. "What is it"? He asks as someone barges in.

"Oh mio dio mio bambino il tuo sveglio ho quasi avuto un attacco di cuore non farlo mai più", she says rushing in.

(Oh my god my baby boy your awake I nearly had a heart attack never do that again)

"Nice to see you too mother and no it won't happen again it was a one off", he says. "You had me worried sick amore", she says pulling him in for a hug as he groans.

"Jesus Christ watch where you put yourself ma", he says as she immediately lets go. "Shoot I'm so sorry do you need the nurse"? She asks as he shakes his head. "You left aria here alone"? He says looking over at his father stood in the doorway.

"She wouldn't budge", he replies. "You should of had Caleb take her out of here you know she can't be alone not right now", he says. "We know we know it won't happen again okay it was just a state of shock she was upset and didn't want to leave you we had to go back so did the others so we could hold down the fought since both you and Santi were out", she says.

-

His parents stayed for a while as his mother wanted to make sure he was okay before his father taking the details of the night. I decided to wait in Santis room whilst they were their as it's only 2 visitors per room.

"So he woke up then"? Santi asks. "Yeah he's still in pain with it all but the medicine just takes the edge of it", i say. "I knew you two would work out", he says. "What do you mean"? I ask. "Ever since you arrived you could tell he liked you", he says. "It's probably because he's never experienced someone telling him what to do before", he adds.

"And now look he nearly died protecting you", he says. "You still don't like me do you"? He asks. "Maybe a little not as much as I used to I made that pretty obvious", i say. "But you are kind of a prick at times", i add. "Cheers", he says before Caleb walks back in.

"Enzos parents have just left if you wanted to go back enzos asking for you", he says. "Oh alright then see you soon", i say leaving.

-

"What's up", i say sitting back down. "Just wondered where you ran off too", he says. "What did you want to tell me before"? He asks as a nurse enters. "Nothing it can wait", i say with a smile.

He had another checkup and was in the all clear zone for now so they decided to push them back from 15 minutes in-between to an hour then if he's still okay it will be schedule for every 3-4 hours unless the emergency button is pressed.

"So your doing better than expected then", i say with a smile. "For now anyway I can't wait to get out of here", he says. "You've just been shot and you already want to get back up to your normal self", i reply. "You'll have to wait a while for that", i add.

"They'll let me go early if I'm still showing no indication of any problems hopefully in the next couple days", he says. "There's no way they will let someone leave a couple days after nearly dying from being shot in the chest", i reply. "A week at least", i say.

-a few days later

"So how are you going to tell him", Caleb asks beside me in the dining hall. "I'm not sure yet I'll wait until he's up and out of here before finding a solution", i reply. "I don't want to send him here for heart failure after being shot", i say.

"Maybe you could arrange some sort of meal and announce it to him there", he says. "Simple and easy you just book a restaurant take him there and blurt it out when you feel like it's time", he says. "Do you think he'll be mad"? "You know with all of the things that have happened a baby on top of it might knock him over the edge", i say.

"It will be a shock for him there's no doubt about that but he won't be mad I mean it does take two to tango", he says. "Don't worry about it honestly it's all going to be okay the nurses should've finished in his room now shall we head back to help him move to a joint room with Santi"? He asks standing up as I nod.

We make our way back before parting as Caleb finds the new room they moved santi into first as I made my way to Enzos. "Ready to see Santi"? I ask as nurses come in taking the stoppers off the wheels of the bed.

"Don't forget your stuff", he says trying to sit up failing. "Don't try to sit up it's too soon remember your bed bound", i say as he rolls his eyes. "I'll be up in no time", he replies as the nurses start pushing him out.

We reached the door to the room as I went ahead to keep it open allowing the bed to come wheeling in. As soon as Santi catches a glimpse of Enzo he smirks to himself. "Oh shut the fuck up", enzo replies as Caleb smirks.

"Thank you so much for the room", i say to the nurses as they leave. "How was the coma"? Santi asks to Enzo rolling his eyes. "Yeah well you were knocked out too so don't be a prick", he replies.

"Yeah well at least I can move around", santi says sitting up in his bed. "Rub it in why don't you", enzo replies. "This is going to be a long week", i say.

1047 words

Make sure to vote 🤍