Ch 49 - Opportunity In Failure

Kenji was in his room lying down, reading manga he found at a store. While the quality wasn't as good as what he had read in the library it was something to pass the time, waiting for his investment to pay off. Then he felt someone appear in his room.

Kenji: Hello Gr...

Kenji saw someone unexpected.

???: Hello Kenji.

Kenji: Oh? Hello Satan, or would you prefer Lucifer, maybe Sirzechs?

Kenji had a smile on his face as he said this.

Sirzechs: You know me? In fact I'm not surprised, Rias told me a lot about a human that had extraordinary abilities. So it's no surprise you know about me. So, let's skip the small talk. Are you going to save my sister?

Kenji: Yes. Under a conditions though.

Sirzechs: The condition?

Kenji: I want to become a high ranked Devil with my own peerage.

Sirzechs face became serious.

Sirzechs: You can't be serious.

Kenji: Oh but I am. I seem to recall contracting as a way to raise ones Devil rank. So preforming such an amazing deed such saving a great satans sister. The sister of lucifer himself counts as a nice jump from human to high devil right.

Sirzechs: I think your over estimating the importance of this event. I don't care if she gets married or not. Her marriage is for the betterment of the Gremory family. I only gave you this offer as a courtesy to save you.

Sirzechs turned away from Kenji but before Sirzechs could take one step Kenji smiled and spoke up.

Kenji: Was this really for me though? You could have went to Issei. He had enough power, but let me guess, he fumbled the ball really badly. I guess he should have trained more. But when you say I don't care. What don't you care about? The marriage? Your sister? Or maybe the screams she makes when she's with Riser? Or maybe they'll be moans?

Sirzechs obviously didn't like that. A magical aura excluded from him. It made Kenji slightly choke. He felt too vulnerable to this. Kenji had to hold his hand to stop him from shaking.

Kenji: You've see what he does to his Peerage right. Imagine what he would do to your sister. Her screams, pain or pleasure. I imagine would haunt you. I wonder what he's into. Maybe he will get other guys, maybe he break her mind and turn her hollow. I guess time will tell if you don't take my offer.

The magical aura got heavier. It felt suffocating for Kenji but he had to keep his straight face. He couldn't seem weak. He didn't want to seem weak. This entire bluff was his whole plan. Everything on the line. Then the aura disappeared. Kenji stopped himself from taking in a deep breath.

Sirzechs: Fine. I'll allow your condition. However, it's only on the basis of you winning the duel.

Kenji: I'm not worried about that.

Sirzechs: Let's hope for your sake you aren't too cocky. Now come here. I'll drop you off outside the engagement room and we will separate from there. I hope you understand no one can know about our "contract".

Kenji got up and stood next to Sirzechs.

Kenji: Understood.

Sirzechs and Kenji then disappeared from the room and reappeared outside a large door.

Kenji: Thanks, Lu...

Sirzechs then disappeared as Kenji was about to finish his sentence.

Kenji: Huh. So that's how it feels. It's like I just got left on read in real life. Damn.