Ch 13 - UA Sports Festival (5)

Mina was now standing in the same waiting room as Kenji. Kenji had non clue what to say. He had thought so much about it. He had confided he really wanted to be with Mina regardless is he disappears and can never see her again. The time he would spend with her would mean everything to him. But how would he tell her. He still new nothing about the system. He could tell her that he loved her but could he tell her why he might disappear in the future. Would he have an option to come back? Would everything be the same? He had no clue.

Mina: Are you okay Kenji? You haven't been acting like yourself. If it's something I said you can pretend it never happened

She questioned walking closer towards Kenji who was sitting on a bench. Her face developing a saddened look.

Kenji: I... I totally fine. Nothing wrong here. I'm just thinking that's all. Are you okay?

Kenji said all while avoiding eye contact. Mina who was now in front of him asked.

Mina: Kenji your not okay. You've been completely avoiding looking at me since I told you I like you. Do you not like me? Is there something I said wrong?

Kenji saw that he had given the wrong interpretation.

Kenji: No I do like you!

He blurted out. Mina developing a small surprised blush on her face.

Kenji: I really do and there's nothing you've done wrong. I just... I can't tell you what's wrong.

Mina: Why?

Kenji: Because I can't.

Mina: But why?

Kenji: Because it's not something I can just tell people.

Mina: But I'm not just anyone. So why not?

Kenji: Because it hurts?

Mina: Kenji but what hurt? Why won't you tell me anything?

Kenji immediately jumped up of the bench.

Kenji: BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE YOU! I LIKE YOU SO MUCH. I REALLY WANT TO BE WITH YOU BUT I CAN'T HAVE YOU LIKING ME. I CAN'T HAVE YOU BEING WITH ME.

Mina: WHY?!

Kenji: BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLUE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN. I MAY JUST DISAPPEAR OR MAYBE EVERYTHING ELSE JUST DISAPPEARS. IF YOU DISAPPEAR THEN I WOULD BE COMPLETELY HEART BROKEN. BUT IF I DISAPPEAR THEN YOU COULD BE! I MAY HAVE LEFT YOU COMPLETELY UNKOWN AS TO WHY!

Mina looked confused but could feel Kenji and his pain. Kenji quickly bit his tongue trying to shut his mouth after just spilling everything.

Mina: Kenji. What do you mean disappear?

At this point Mina looked really concerned about Kenji. Kenji knew what he would tell her could make her hate him. But he wouldn't blame her. He would hate himself if he was her. She deserved to know. He already said too much, so he told her. Dying, the body, the system, his task, this world. He told her everything he could. Every single detail he could remember.

Kenji hanging his head down understanding what would happen next.

Kenji: I'm sorry for everything I've done up until now.

It was silent. Kenji slowly looked up and received a slap to the face. He knew this was going to happen. But that didn't stop the feeling from hurting. He completely ruined it.

Then suddenly Mina hugged him. He couldn't understand why. She should have hated him. Didn't she just slap him because she hated him?

Mina: It's okay.

Kenji was so confused. Why didn't she hate him.

Mina & ???: It's not your fault.

A tear broke away from Kenji.

Kenji: But I've made everything so much more dangerous.

Mina & ???: We will get through this together.

Tears falling faster from Kenji.

Kenji: B... But I lied to you. About who I am. Who I really am!

Mina & ???: And I forgive you.

Tears streaming from Kenji.

Kenji: But... But... I.

Mina & ???: It's ok now. I'm here with you.

???: It's okay now. He's not here to hurt you now.

Kenji overwhelmed with emotion burst out in tears. Reciprocating the hug with Mina.

[Gamers mind stabilising users mind.]

Mina & ???: That's it. You don't have to hold back anymore.

Kenji kept crying he could control his tears.

[Gamers mind stabilising users mind.]

Mina & ???: I'll always be here for you.

[Gamers mind stabilising users mind.]

After crying for a while Kenji and his tears dried.

Mina: Are you okay?

Kenji hugging Mina tighter.

Kenji: No. But I think I'm getting better. Thank you.

Mina: You don't have to giv...

Kenji: No. I have to give you an answer. I really like you Mina. Not as some character. Not as fiction. I like you. Ever since I got here this has been my real life. When I saw you I felt something. Something I tried to ignore but I could. I like you Mina.

Kenji then took a deep breath. Looking Mina in her eyes.

Kenji: MINA. I LOVE YOU!

Mina blushed deeply. Flustered by Kenji saying something so embarrassing.

Mina: W...What?!

Kenji felt all of a sudden better looking at Minas flustered reaction. Something about it warmed his heart. Then a brilliant thought passed through his mind at that moment. A thought that topped any plans he had ever made passed and for the future.

Mic: Thank you for waiting. NOW OUR FINALS WILL BEGIN.

Kenji: {Perfect.} Mina I'll have to go quickly but promise to watch my match and stay for the end.

Kenji ran out of the room to his next match.

Mina: W... Wait!

But Kenji was already gone.

Mina in a quiet voice.

Mina: I love you too.

Scene change

Mic: NOW OUR FINAL ROUND BEGINS. IZUKU MIDORIYA WHO HAS TAKEN OUT ALL HIS OPPONENTS QUICKLY THROUGHOUT THE TOURNAMENT. VS SOTO KENNNJJJIII. THE PERSON THAT GOT FIRST IN BOTH THE OBSTACLE AND HUMAN CALVARY. DISPLAYING FEATS UNLIKE ANY OTHER STUDENT!

Kenji: I'm not going to let you win this Midoriya. I have too much on the line.

Midoriya: I think we know each other far too well for you to call me Midoriya. Izuku will be fine, besides I need to win this. I have something to prove. Not just to myself but to someone important to me.

Kenji: Me too.

Midoriya crouched down, drew one leg behind him and moved his arms into a defending boxing.

Mic: FIGHHTT.