Ch 14 - UA Sports Festival (6)

Both Izuku and Kenji charged into each other. Izuku at 12% One for All. Kenji at 5%. Kenji having the overall stronger body slowly dominating in strength. Pushing Izuku slowly off the stadium. Izuku knew he would be out of bounds if this continued. So he jumped and preformed a drop kick off of Kenji. Flipping backwards landing the flip perfectly.

Izuku pushed One for All further to 15% his body looking slightly strained. But he pushed through, jumping towards Kenji and landing a kick directly to the gut. Kenji didn't even bat an eye thanks to Shock Absorption.

Izuku was confused how none of his attacks did any damage. He then pushed to 16%. Kenji noticed Izukus body becoming more and more strained.

Kenji: {I guess this is his limit as of right know. Though it's significantly better than the cannon. If I didn't help him he probably wouldn't have made it to the final round. Sero may have even defeated him.} Do you want to stop now?

Izuku didn't respond. He proceeded to jump and try to drop kick Kenji. Again not doing anything.

Izuku: How? Why can't I damage you. I know I'm using a higher percentage but I can't even scratch you. We have the same quirk so why?!

Kenji: But we don't Midoriya. You do remember what my quirk is don't you?

Izuku: Yeah you can copy the quirks, memories, body, skills or items of anyone you defeat.

Kenji: That's right. So your not just going up against the power of One for all. But also a Nomus Shock Absorption and Super Regeneration. On top of that Kirishimas quirk which I have yet to use.

Izuku was shocked. He knew Kenji was strong but to think he was going up against the sum total of a Nomu and two hero quirks. It felt overwhelming.

Kenji: You've done great. You've improved so much and no one doubts that. You will really become the number 1 hero in the future. But this festival was never one you were going to win. Try next year okay.

Izuku just stood there. He understood he had no chance of winning but... but.

Izuku: WHAT KIND OF HERO WOULD I BE IF I JUST GAVE UP IN THE FACE OF DEFEAT!

He shouted with a wide smile. Kenji knew the smile all too well. He couldn't help but admire the Mc that he watched for so long.

Kenji: You hit that Nomu at the USJ with 100% right?

Izuku: Yeah, why?

Kenji grinned in expectation. He wanted to make sure things remained the same and they did. He assumed Izuku must have tried to help All Might.

Kenji: Go all out Izuku. Forget what I taught you and go all out. Show me what the number one hero can do!

It then hit Izuku. Kenji had the Shock Absorption quirk. When he punched the Nomu it didn't do anything. So the same would apply to Kenji. He could go all out. At this epiphany Izuku powered up but his power was split. 10% was going to his lower body and 100% to his arms. His split power impressed Kenji.

Kenji: COME AT ME FUTURE NUMBER 1!

Izuku charged. Rapidly punching Kenji all over. This time Kenji could feel the impact of Izukus punches. The impact didn't do much if at all anything but he could feel it.

Kenji: {SO THIS IS HIS 100%!}

The crowd roared as the sheer power they were feeling was enormous. A small green haired kid throwing punches that would dwarf any attack other hero's could throw and the taller kid receiving those punches like they were nothing.

Kenji felt something then. Izuku had been throwing so many punches that he could now feel the impact as if he was actually getting hit. Kenji then threw a punch at 10% to Izukus nose. It completely threw Izuku of guard and caused his eyes to water reducing his vision as he stumbled back fast. He tried to maintain his guard while closing his eyes to get his tears out.