Ch 16 - First Day of Field Training

As Mina predicted the rain didn't go away. Even though Kenji ran all the way to school at 15% One for All he was still left soaking in his uniform, causing puddles as he walked through the UA halls and his seat to get drenched as he sat in class. Mina could be seen giggling at him. Everyone else somehow perfectly dry.

Aizawa the came into the room looking less bandaged up than when Kenji saw him at the sports festival. Aizawa looked towards Kenji and just sighed. Punching the bridge of his nose as he took a breath and addressed the class.

Aizawa: Morning class. Today is a day you will probably all like. Today we will be making your hero names and selecting your heroic field training.

At this the entire class cheered. Everyone seemed so happy about choosing their heroic names. Some already started discussing what they were thinking about naming themselves.

Aizawa: Quiet down. Now as I was saying. The teacher helping you with your heroic names will be Midnight.

Midnight then opened the door and walked into the class. Strutting and flicking her hair back.

Midnight: Thank you Aizawa. Now students, names are important. Choose the wrong one and you'll be stuck with it even after becoming a pro hero.

Aizawa: Nature and name often come hand on hand. Choose wisely. All Mights name can be used as an example of nature and name. Think of what his name means in attribute to him. Then apply this to your hero names.

The class was then left to make there names given white boards and markers to show the everyone the name they made. After 15 mins nearly everyone had a name.

Kenji knew what they all were and that's why he concentrated on what he could call himself. Up until he heard Aizawa call his name.

Aizawa: Kenji it's your turn. What hero name have you picked?

Kenji stood up having the whiteboard face him. Not knowing if it would get accepted.

With that Kenji was about to flip his white board.

Kenji: My hero name will be...

???: I'm going to be a hero and save us. My name is captain...

Kenji: Reinforcer. The hero Reinforcer.

[Gamers mind stabilising users mind.]

Midnight: Is there a reason for the name.

Kenji: I... Erm... No. I... I don't think so.

Midnight: Hmm. Ok, it's a good name though. While I don't particularly know your nature Kenji it must mean something to you.

With that Kenji looked back at his board which said "Hero name: Imprint."

Kenji: {Why did I...}

Aizawa: Now you will be selecting your field training hero. From the sports festival you received interests from hero's viewing. Some will have more opportunities than others depending on how they did. However, every single one of you, even if you didn't get a hero will participate in hero training. Those without will get to do hero experience with UA faculty or 40 other heros. I will show you the amount of hero's interested in you now.

A screen showed.

Izuku Midoriya 3856
Shoto Todoroki 2567
Mina Ashido 1723
Eijiro Kirishima 1034
.
.
.
Soto Kenji 106
.
.
.
Minoru Mineta 14

Kenji: What the hell! How did I get such low interest. I won the festival didn't I.

Bakugou: I guess people didn't like your display then.