38 - Against an Oceanid

After all of the Hydro Mimics that had taken the form of boars were wiped out, the Oceanid's condition weakened slightly.

Soon, it sent another wave of Hydro Mimics, now some taking the form of regular falcons and some taking the form of huge crabs.

Xiao hummed to himself and prepared for another wave.

He glanced towards Kunikuzushi who had dealt with the water boars as well, only leaving Electro-Charged water near him.

Xiao took mental notes from this, trying his best to avoid that certain spot.

Jumping into Electro-Charged water would be... quite shocking. Though, the Adeptus would manage to withstand it, but it would make his movement rather difficult due to the shockwaves caused by the Electro in his body.

He then went straight towards the huge crabs, going to attack one of them but to his surprise the crab started shooting water towards the Adeptus.

Xiao quickly dodged and backed away, trying to find a solution to attack the crab without getting hit by the damaging water.

Kunikuzushi let out a small breath as he was now faced with falcons out of all things- well... falcons made out of water.

Interesting, so it wasn't the manifestation itself that attacked with its body but rather with some form of minions...? And it damaged it?

'Strange...' He thought.

Kunikuzushi looked up as one of the falcons dived towards him, waiting for the last moment before the falcon was cut with nine slashes of an Electro infused sword that he now held in his hands.

The memory of seeing Katsuragi's corpse made him enraged, which in turn was shown by his... quite fierce way of attacking the Hydro Mimics. Maybe this was a good way to fully let out the built-up emotions, and it got the job done.

Kunikuzushi was more experienced with the sword, which was why he had pulled it out quite quickly in the first place, the help of the Gnosis making it much easier for him.

Xiao soon noticed the crabs' weak spot. They didn't seem to be able to defend themselves from above.

The Adeptus realized now how to deal with them. Though, to gain more strength and energy for such repeated plunge attacks, he'd have to use the Bane of All Evil, an Adepti art which increased his damage and jump.

But it was a dangerous art for all those around him and even for himself, which is why he was visibly unsure about the idea.

He decided to keep the subject in his mind just in case he'd need it. He didn't want to take the risk of accidentally hurting the wanderer and if it came down to it, they could destroy the water crabs together once Kunikuzushi was done with those falcons.

For now, Xiao tried his best to slay the crabs. He used as much strength to attack above them as possible

He eventually damaged one of the crabs enough to make its watery form collapse. Though, the Adeptus was getting exhausted. His strength was limited after all.

It took Kunikuzushi a while to deal with the falcons; turned out that hitting beings that kept flying above him proved to be more difficult than he had imagined.

At this point the wanderer was absolutely soaked, apart from his upper body and hair that miraculously stayed out of the water that splashed around as he moved.

Soon he was done with the falcons, taking sharp breaths as he watched the last one to lose its form.

Even if his own energy hadn't been drained by the Musou no Hitotachi, his arms were getting quite tired.