32 - Unbroken Promise

A month went by after Kunikuzushi had taken off with the half-masked strangers, now knowing that it was the Fatui.

But even after the month, he hadn't forgotten about his promise; his promise to come back and see his friends again.

Kunikuzushi had returned to Liyue Harbor after spending some time in Snezhnaya.

Dottore had sent him there for a 'vacation', but Kunikuzushi believed that the Doctor only wanted him to see his friends again after a while.

Kunikuzushi had tried to meet up with Xiao at Wangshu Inn at first, but the Adeptus wasn't there, and he didn't want to interrupt his duty, so he decided to try again later and call out his name if he didn't show up that time either.

The wanderer still wore his signature clothing, the hairpin attached to his long indigo colored hair.

He stepped on the familiar streets of Liyue Harbor, observing his surroundings as he tried to find any sight of his samurai friend, Kazuha.

Luck finally seemed to favor him again as he soon saw the familiar white hair with a red streak on it near the city's harbor.

Kunikuzushi's eyes widened slightly from the surprise as he hadn't assumed to actually find the other Inazuman.

He then proceeded to quickly approach the wandering samurai.

"Have you started selling fish or something? Or why do you seem to hang out near the harbor so often?" Kunikuzushi spoke as he got close to Kazuha, crossing his arms and raising his eyebrow.

Kazuha turned towards the familiar voice, not believing his eyes for a second as soon as he saw the familiar wanderer.

A bright grin appeared on his face, and he quickly pulled Kunikuzushi into a tight hug.

"Kuni! You're finally back! I've missed you so so so much!!" Kazuha announced happily, not daring to let go of the other.

Kunikuzushi was taken aback from the sudden embrace, which was something he should have prepared for but didn't.

"I was gone for like... a short while, it wasn't that long-" Kunikuzushi chuckled as he gave Kazuha a pat on his back.

"A short while? It's been a month and you call that a short while?" Kazuha chuckled to the wanderer's silly words and finally let go of him.

Kunikuzushi silently chuckled as well.

"Though, you've returned at a bad time, I'm just about to head to Inazuma." Kazuha said, a slightly sad look on his face which soon turned into gratitude.

"Thanks to you, Kuni, I finally feel more comfortable visiting my homeland!" He mentioned, smiling gladly.

Kunikuzushi smiled lightly in response and fell into slight thought before speaking again.

"Do you think you'd be able to take me with you? I was planning on visiting an old friend now that I have the chance. I haven't seen him in a couple of years now, and I... quite miss him." The wanderer spoke, glancing down slightly as he realized that this would be a good opportunity to meet up with the said old friend.

This friend was someone he had met way before deciding to go to Liyue. One of the very few who even felt more family to him than his own family, and one of the very first people he met after stepping outside of Tenshukaku for the very first time.

"Of course! Traveling with a friend is always better." Kazuha answered, his smile remaining on his face as he looked at the wanderer in front of him.

"Thank you, Kazuha." Kunikuzushi said with a grateful nod. "You can join me if you want, he's extremely sweet towards everything and everyone, I'm sure he will be delighted to meet you!"

"Sounds wonderful, I'll gladly join you! The boat should arrive soon, so let's get going." Kazuha answered and motioned Kunikuzushi to follow him to the docks where they would take off to Inazuma once again together after a long while.