1 - Prologue

A bunch of clattering noises could be heard from one of the training grounds in Tenshukaku.

Two figures clashed their swords together, making them rattle loudly and strongly.

Only seconds after they pushed themselves back again, keeping their eyes on each other.

"Your swordsmanship skills have improved a lot since the last time we had a duel like this. You're making progress, Kunikuzushi. But there's still a long road ahead of you before you're ready to be on your own." Said the taller figure.

She was a woman with a long, braided, dark purple hair. She wore a purple kimono and had a golden hairpin on the right side of her head.

"See, mother? I can handle this! I've grown stronger! Let me perform it to you! I promise I won't get hurt!" Shouted the shorter figure, Kunikuzushi.

He had a long, indigo colored hair that he had currently tied up and wore a light purple kimono. Someone could easily mistake him for a female with his beautiful looks.

"Combat skills alone won't get you closer to mastering the Musou no Hitotachi. Not only it requires physical strength but also mental strength." Said the woman Kunikuzushi had called 'mother'.

"Please! I won't hurt myself this time!" Kunikuzushi tried to convince his mother who only seemed to raise her eyebrow at him.

There were many traditions and rules in the honored Raiden bloodline.

One of them was the rule of never cutting one's hair. If one did so, it would be an act of disgrace and one would be wiped out of the bloodline.

One's body was a gift from their mother and never cutting one's hair was the way to respect the mother's gift.

One of the most known traditions in the Raiden bloodline was their traditional sword technique called the Musou no Hitotachi.

It was an extremely powerful technique, and it took years for one to master. It was powerful but also dangerous if not performed correctly.

The way it was performed was a quick slash through space and time with one's sword.

If it was performed incorrectly, one could easily get shocked from the elemental power of Electro the sword held and in the worst case even get one killed.

Musou no Hitotachi was only able to be performed by someone capable of controlling the Electro element and as for Kunikuzushi, he couldn't perform the Musou no Hitotachi correctly because he lacked the power of Electro even though he had inherited some of his mother's elemental abilities.

He didn't have a Vision unlike some others, lucky for him the blood of an Archon ran through his veins and he was able to somewhat control the Electro element.

"Please, Ei! I won't disappoint you!" Kunikuzushi begged, his grip on his sword tightening as his emotions only grew stronger.

His mother, Ei, deeply observed him and could notice the growing emotions inside her fragile son.

She mentally prepared herself, fully knowing what the other was up to.

Kunikuzushi noticed his mother's silence, taking his chance and infusing his sword with Electro.

With a blink of an eye, he dashed forward, targeting his mother with the Musou no Hitotachi regardless of her warnings.

There was a quick flash and Kunikuzushi had finished his move, only to fall down on the ground behind his mother.

Ei had easily blocked his attack with her own Musou no Hitotachi.

Kunikuzushi was all out of energy. He was gasping for air while trying to regain even a little bit of stamina.