3 - Goodbye Inazuma

Kunikuzushi had made his way up to the Grand Narukami Shrine.

If someone could help him, it would be Yae Miko.

She was always the one who had somehow been more comforting than his mother even though she wasn't the best option for that.

The male approached the shrine with quick steps, some of the shrine maidens greeting him along the way.

He came up there every now and then, usually when he was in the need of something from Yae Miko.

This time he was there with news.

Yae Miko was talking with a few shrine maidens before turning her gaze towards the approaching youth, twitching her ear slightly as she heard his footsteps.

She informed the shrine maidens to leave her be for a moment and proceeded to welcome the youth. "Well, well, well, Raiden Kunikuzushi. Good to see you again."

"Miko!" Kunikuzushi greeted the kitsune lady. "I've got news for you."

"Oh, now that's new. You always used to come to me only if you needed my help... but actual news? You've gained my interest." Yae Miko chuckled lightly as she crossed her arms. "What is it?"

"I'm going to travel outside of Inazuma. I decided to come to inform you about it... Would you be willing to keep in touch with letters?" Kunikuzushi asked with a small smile.

The kitsune lady raised her eyebrow. "Does your mother know about this plan?"

"Yes. I told her right before I decided to come to you." Kunikuzushi rested his hands on his hips as he answered.

Well... he didn't exactly tell her, more like he just dumped it on her.

"Hmm... Alright. Sure, I see no problem with keeping contact. Do you know where you're going, though?" Yae Miko asked.

"I'll figure it out." The youth answered and then let out a small sigh. "I only wish to be normal like everyone else, not someone considered as royalty."

Yae Miko thought about it for a moment before replying.

"I see... Well then, I suggest taking the last boat that departs from Ritou at 9 PM." She smirked, silently supporting the youth.

"How did you know I wanted to take the last boat..." Kunikuzushi thought aloud with an amazed tone.

Yae Miko only had a smug smile on her face and turned around, letting Kunikuzushi go.

"Go on now, enjoy the last bits of Inazuma before getting a culture shock." She waved her hand, shooing the youth.

Kunikuzushi smiled confidently and gave Yae Miko a polite bow.

"Thank you, Lady Guuji!" He announced before leaving in hurry and excitement.

Yae Miko glanced towards the leaving male, letting out a silent chuckle. "You've grown so much..."

-

Once the sun started to set, the wandering youth had already reached Ritou.

He spent the whole day enjoying the last bits of Inazuma before going to a whole new nation.

He had eaten as well and filled his stomach before leaving.

There was a small but exciting smile on his face as he looked at the boats, wondering which would be the one he would next step onto.

Kunikuzushi walked to one of the people loading up one of the boats, asking them if they were departing soon and if he could get aboard.

"Our boat to Liyue will be departing soon, yeah... Hmm, I suppose we could take you." The worker answered.

Kunikuzushi gasped slightly from excitement. "Thank you-!"

But soon he could hear a familiar call and several footsteps approaching behind him.

"Kuni!"

Kunikuzushi turned his head towards the voice with a surprised look on his face.

Raiden Ei and Shogun, along with Yae Miko, walked to him.

The worker and other citizens seemed to have noticed the Archon and her honored family's presence and soon there were many eyes watching the situation.

Ei had a small worry in her eyes as she looked at her son but soon gave him a warm smile.

"I wish you a good trip. Please, be careful. And don't stay away for too long..."

Kunikuzushi blinked in confusion for a moment, crossing his arms and glancing towards the kitsune lady who only gave him a wink.

"I will come back, I promise." He answered and a small smile formed on his face as he turned his gaze back towards his mother.

Ei carefully wrapped her arms around her son, gently hugging him before he had to leave.

"Bring us a souvenir when you get back." She mentioned and pulled back, her warm and supporting smile never leaving from her face.

Kunikuzushi gave his mother a confident smirk.

"Noted... See you then!" He said and turned around, proceeding to step onto the boat.

Once the boat departed from the harbor, Kunikuzushi turned to look at his family that was waving for him.

He waved back at them, knowing that he wouldn't be able to see them for a while.

He wasn't sure how long he would stay in the foreign land, but he knew that it wouldn't take an eternity for sure.

Kunikuzushi walked to the front, looking towards the distant mountains.

It was time to explore the unknown, something his mother was so afraid of.

He felt proud and confident, without knowing that the journey up ahead...

...would change him forever.