15 - Return to Homeland

Once the morning sun had risen, Kunikuzushi woke up to a familiar, soft voice.

He could feel someone carefully nudging his shoulder before he opened his eyes, only to meet a pair of red and gentle eyes staring right back at him.

Kazuha was standing right next to Kunikuzushi who had been sleeping on a hammock.

"Good morning~ Did you sleep well? I hope you did because I got some exciting news for you, Kunikuzushi!" Kazuha smiled happily as he rested his hands on his hips.

Kunikuzushi rubbed his tired eyes and tried to sit up, forgetting that he was on the hammock and soon lost his balance and rolled around, falling on the wooden floor.

The act seemed to only wake him up even more.

"I'm awake!" Kunikuzushi called out as he quickly sat up from the floor, soon turning his gaze towards Kazuha.

Kazuha's eyes widened from the surprise but he soon let out a light chuckle. He found the situation quite funny.

"Careful now, I assume you've never slept on a hammock before?" He asked as he helped Kunikuzushi to stand up.

Kunikuzushi shook his head. "You think a person like me would sleep on a hammock?" He replied, glancing towards Kazuha with a small smirk as he raised his eyebrow.

Kazuha smiled happily and turned around. "Beidou is waiting for us, come on now."

Kunikuzushi nodded and neatened his kimono before following Kazuha to the deck.

-

As Kunikuzushi steppened on the deck, the crew was already on the move. It seemed that they were getting ready to depart from the harbor.

Kazuha walked to Beidou to confirm her approval about the idea of sailing to Inazuma.

"It's a good timing. The load includes Liyuean ingredients that we were commissioned to ship to Inazuma. I see no problem with taking you and your friend with us. Though, we'll have to leave you two in Ritou." Beidou said.

Kazuha nodded. "That's more than enough, thank you Captain." He answered and gave the captain a polite bow.

"No problem, really! Glad to have you back on board, Kazuha." Beidou smiled warmly, truly happy that the wandering samurai was ready to travel back to Inazuma.

Kazuha used to stay in Liyue whenever the Crux Fleet sailed to Inazuma. It was like the Inazuman avoided his homeland like a disease. It seemed that he finally got some courage to go back.

Kunikuzushi approached the two and as soon as Kazuha noticed the other Inazuman, his smile grew even wider and he took the other's hands into his.

"We're going to Inazuma!" He announced happily as he jumped slightly, Kunikuzushi soon getting quite excited as well after processing the good news.

Beidou rested her hand on her hip as she looked at the two with a smile on her face, visibly glad that she was able to help the two youths.

Sometime later, the ship was ready to depart from the harbor and Beidou announced her crew about the departure and where they would be heading next.

Kazuha had climbed on top of a spar where he could enjoy the ocean breeze and watch the waves.

Kunikuzushi leaned against the edge of the deck, watching the waves hit the ship as it started moving.

He moved his gaze towards the harbor that escaped further away every minute. He promised to himself that he would get back soon and search for Xiao once he got back.