14 - Dragon Tongue

The door to the Golden House was slightly and carefully opened as the familiar short figure walked inside.

He closed the door behind him and turned around, soon noticing that Rex Lapis was in his dragon form, resting with someone who seemed to look like a woman.

'That must be Ningguang...' Xiao thought as his eyes were slightly widened from the unexpected situation.

He had heard his master speak about her a few times, not to mention that he has met her before.

What was she doing with the Geo Archon? It looked like the god was asleep.

Xiao carefully stepped closer, not wanting to bother them as he held another small gift box in his hands.

He planned to just leave the box there and then leave since he would never even dare to disturb his master's sleep, not even in his wildest dreams.

Though, seeing Ningguang so close to his master triggered his protective instincts and the Adeptus was trying his best not to let it take over him.

Being a rather light sleeper, Morax slowly opened his eyes at the sound of a door closing and some light footsteps.

From just the walking sound alone he could tell who it was- Xiao.

He carefully lifted up his head from beside Ningguang, both the god and woman turning their heads to face Xiao.

"Welcome, Conqueror of Demons." Ningguang greeted the Adeptus with a small smile as he approached the two.

Some faint whispers filled the room as Morax spoke to the Adeptus in dragon tongue.

"||𝙹⚍リ⊣ 𝙹リᒷ. ╎ ᔑᒲ ⊣ꖎᔑ↸ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᓭᒷᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ᔑ⊣ᔑ╎リ."

The dragon studied the short figure, its amber eyes trained on him. There was no malice nor threat in his voice or in his eyes, just care and happiness.

Xiao quickly straightened his back as soon as he noticed that his master was awake, even though his back was already straight. He understood his master's words as he listened.

Once he got close enough to the dragon, he bowed politely.

"My apologies, my Lord. Did I wake you up?" He asked, as he looked at the dragon.

He was glad to see his master again, it made the Adeptus quite relieved that he was alright.

He held his gift box in his hands as he looked at his master, a wondering look on his face.

Morax lightly shook his head lowering his head slightly to sniff the Adeptus... there was a new smell to him?

It left the god to wonder, it didn't seem like a Liyuean smell, it was sweeter and smelled like cherries...

"↸𝙹 リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ∴𝙹∷∷||. I ᔑᒲ ᔑꖎ∷╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣."

He replied calmly, letting out a fond purr before he continued.

"⍑ᔑ⍊ᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ᒲᒷℸ ̣ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ𝙹リᒷ リᒷ∴?"

Once Xiao heard the dragon ask the question, he quickly realized that his master probably smelled Kunikuzushi's scent on him.

He turned his gaze away from his master and after a tiny moment of hesitation, he nodded in response.

"A wanderer got seriously injured in a hilichurl attack. I happened to be nearby, so I helped him." He answered, explaining the situation.

He tried to brush off the imaginary of the young man in his mind, but it was seemingly hard. It also reminded him that he still had the Silk Flower behind his ear.