34 - Tenryou

Heavy footsteps could be heard as the two hurried to Inazuma City's Police Station.

Owada, standing in front of the station, saw the youths approaching, which made him sigh and quietly pray that he wasn't going to receive any bad news.

Kunikuzushi was holding tightly onto Kazuha, the shock still visible on his face while the samurai dragged him to the Police Station.

As soon as the yoriki recognized that long purple hair, he immediately became more worried and serious, taking steps forwards to meet the two.

"Ah! R-Raiden Kunikuzushi?!? What could possibly bring you here??" Owada asked with widened eyes as the two stopped in front of him.

"There was an incident in Tatarasuna, we've come to report a dead body that we found inside one of the buildings." Kazuha started, deciding to handle the talking for Kunikuzushi.

"Since the body was still in good condition, I doubt it has been there for longer than a day." He continued, a serious frown on his face as he looked at the yoriki.

"A body?? Uh, I see... We will take care of the situation immediately!" Owada answered, looking down shortly before raising his gaze back towards the two.

"Ahem, to ease the investigation, I would like to have the two of you to join the process. We need to gather some background information regarding the situation and since you two are responsible for finding the body, you have to be involved in this situation as well." The yoriki continued after clearing his throat.

Kazuha realized that this could prevent Kunikuzushi from returning back to Liyue, but maybe there still was a chance if he spoke his words correctly.

"My mistake! I am the one who found the body. It got me so freaked out that I only grabbed Kunikuzushi who was waiting further away from the location and immediately rushed here with him." Kazuha spoke, glancing towards Kunikuzushi with a slight smile and comforting eyes.

Kunikuzushi noticed what Kazuha was after, giving him a silent thank you before he forced the shock out of his face.

"That's right, I wasn't there when it happened..." The wanderer said, feeling a sting in his heart as he tried his best to deny what had happened in Tatarasuna.

"O-Of course, Raiden Kunikuzushi! You can then leave this to us! Now, you, please come with me." Owada answered and gave Kazuha a nod as a sign to follow him.

"Just call me Kaedehara Kazuha." Kazuha answered and proceeded to follow the yoriki, turning towards Kunikuzushi for a short moment and giving him a wave before he stepped inside the building.

Kunikuzushi watched Kazuha step inside and then took this chance to leave as well. The sooner he got to Liyue Harbor, the better.

It hurt to suck it all up. If he wasn't in the middle of the public, he would've broken down right there and then.

He would've preferred to have Kazuha with him to return back to Liyue but it seems that he had to travel alone for now. The samurai had given him the opportunity to return sooner after all and Kunikuzushi was grateful for it.

The wanderer probably wouldn't have been able to help with the investigation anyway because even the thought about Katsuragi almost brought him to tears.

Kunikuzushi physically slapped himself as he walked towards Ritou, forcing himself to bury that sadness deep underground.

The Fatui didn't want any weaklings and if he wanted to keep up with them, he would have to become stronger.

No more tears. It was a sign of weakness.

And he was no fragile, but much more, and he would prove it. He would prove it to someone who could actually recognize his talent, and that wouldn't be his mother, but the Tsaritsa herself.