11 - Meetings and Departures

Xiao had travelled back to Liyue Harbor with Kunikuzushi after spending the entire day with the Inazuman.

He stopped himself at the entrance to the city and turned around to directly speak to the wanderer.

"I won't follow you further into the city." Xiao spoke.

"I... don't like crowded areas." He explained as he crossed his arms, glancing away for a short moment before returning his gaze back towards Kunikuzushi.

"This is the end of our trip. I hope it was worth it." He said a bit harshly as he squinted his eyes, referring that he was a busy Adeptus and an opportunity to travel with the Adepti was quite rare.

Kunikuzushi looked at Xiao with a smile before he nodded. The smile wasn't warm like usually, it was slightly sad to say the least.

He hesitated for a bit, but didn't do what he was thinking about doing, instead he slightly lowered his head as a small bow.

"Thank you. It was indeed worth it..." He replied, wanting to say something else but he couldn't let it out of his mouth.

"This is a bye for now, yeah? Thanks for everything." He managed to speak, glancing down shortly before returning his gaze back towards Xiao.

Xiao let out a small thoughtful hum in response. He wasn't good with goodbyes which was why he didn't really know what to say.

He was also pretty sure that he wouldn't meet this person again, especially since the other seemed to be a foreigner traveler.

"You know, you could start wearing more of those flowers behind your ear, they fit you." Kunikuzushi commented, noticing the Silk Flower still behind the Adeptus' left ear before smiling brightly and turning around, proceeding to walk deeper into the city.

Xiao looked at the leaving wanderer.

He uncrossed his arms and turned around as well, proceeding to walk towards the opposite direction.

He took the Silk Flower behind his ear and rotated it between his fingers as he looked at it.

He smiled slightly as he looked at the flower, getting lost into his thoughts shortly before putting the flower back behind his ear.

He wondered how his master was doing, hopefully he accepted this small disturbance in Xiao's schedule.

This made the Adeptus soon remember that he had a job to do.

He took his last glance towards Liyue Harbor before he used his powers to teleport away, vanishing into the dark mist.

-

Kunikuzushi glanced behind him, not seeing any sight of Xiao anymore.

It felt... strange.

Though, he quickly brushed it off and continued walking.

He wondered what he should do next, quickly remembering the letter he was supposed to write and send back to Yae Miko.

He saw a lot of merchants and people within the area as he searched for a pen and a piece of paper.

He asked for strangers if they had anything to write with, but luck didn't favor him this time either.

Kunikuzushi wandered all the way to Chihu Rock, still lacking the writing supplies.

He hadn't found anything yet and was starting to lose hope.

He eventually approached a person with a rather light blonde hair that was tied up and had a red streak on it. They seemed to be ordering something from a street food vendor.