29 - Future Leader

It had been a while now since Ei last saw Kunikuzushi, around 4 to 5 days to be exact.

She had had a talk with the head shrine maiden Yae Miko as well where the kitsune had tried to talk some sense to her after the two had left the Grand Narukami Shrine.

That had been the last time she had seen her son too, his last gaze towards his mother filled with anger.

Ei was static.

Not only had she casted out her own son, but also left an open wound between their relationship. And knowing Ei, fixing those wounds was something she struggled with.

Since the day when she had that argument with Kunikuzushi, she had completely shut herself inside her room, barely communicating with the outside world. It was her way of dealing with the predicament.

She needed time to think by herself and figure out the right ways to solve the problem.

While she had been by herself, Shogun had taken care of the Shogunate.

It was no problem for her, for she was like a born leader. She was young, but she had some doushin to help her and the Tri-Commission by her side.

-

The evening was rather calm as the dark clouds started to fill the orange sky.

Tenshukaku was peaceful... for now.

Shogun was observing the ores that Kunikuzushi had left behind, studying them even more.

She had figured out that the orange one was called Cor Lapis and the blue one was Noctilucous Jade, thanks to a few doushin that she had walked up to in Tenryou Commission's headquarters.

The girl was sitting by a table, those two ores placed on the dark wooden table.

She had kept these ores hidden from Ei for now, afraid that her mother would throw them away or sell them, even though they were brought for them as a gift all the way from Liyue.

Yae Miko walked into the room with her elegant steps and turned her gaze towards the girl, letting out a soft sigh as she held a plate of Tricolor Dango in her hand.

"It seems that your mother really is sunken. Even though I've tried to encourage her, she has only closed herself off of the situation even more." The kitsune spoke and placed the plate on the table beside those two ores.

Yae Miko had been helping the family after Kunikuzushi left, cooking them food and trying to help solving this family problem.

The kitsune lady glanced towards the ores and soon an idea popped into her mind, a sly smirk forming on her lips as she turned her gaze towards the girl.

"How about you introduce those little shiny rocks to her? It might lighten up her mood." She suggested as she sat down on the other side of the table, opposite the girl.

Shogun turned her gaze towards Yae Miko and thought about it for a moment, her face slightly lighting up from the idea. If it made her mother happy, she would be willing to try at least.

"I could try... but I'm not sure if she'll like them or not." The girl answered with a slight unsure tone in her voice, lowering her gaze towards the two ores on the table.

Yae Miko let out a chuckle, finding the expectations the girl had towards her own mother quite amusing.

"Don't worry, as someone who has known your mother for a very long time now, I can assure you that it'll make her feel better." She gave the girl a cunning wink and then proceeded to eat one of the Dangos.