6 - Encounter

The night sky was lively, stars twinkling in the dark blue sky as the moon was brightening the land, giving enough light to see during the nighttime.

Kunikuzushi was walking along a path in Guili Plains, enjoying the silent and calm environment after exploring Liyue Harbor where he had been staying for the past few days after arriving to this foreign nation.

He was lost in his thoughts until he heard a crunch near him like someone had stepped on a stick that was lying on the ground.

This caught the wanderer's attention and he quickly turned his head towards the sound.

There was... nothing.

"Hmm... Maybe it was just a boar." He mumbled and turned back to continue his walk.

It didn't take a long until a group of hilichurls jumped out of the bushes like they had been planning for an ambush.

They had shields made of stone and some of them used a wooden cudgel as a weapon and some knives made of stone.

This made the wandering eccentric silently curse at himself for ignoring the sound.

Kunikuzushi prepared himself to fight the hilichurls that were surrounding him, taking out two Electro knives and holding them in his hands as he squinted his eyes at the hostile hilichurls.

That was the way he dealt with melee combat.

They all soon ran towards him, making the first move and proceeding to attack the man with indigo colored hair.

Kunikuzushi spun the knives in his hands and proceeded to defend himself.

He dodged the first attack, soon striking back one of the hilichurls.

He then spun around and struck one another.

It was clear that he knew how to fight.

While he was fighting with the hilichurls, he didn't notice that one of them had managed to sneak behind him.

As soon as the eccentric wanderer turned around to notice it, it was too late for him to prevent its attack and the hilichurl hit his left shoulder with a knife made of stone with great force.

Kunikuzushi yelped from the pain but managed to strike the hilichurl.

He then backed away, fear finally starting to grow inside him.

There was now a visible worry on his face now that he had realized that he was in actual danger.

The wanderer's Electro knives disappeared from his hands and he turned around, proceeding to quickly flee the situation while pressing his right hand against the deep wound on his left shoulder.

He didn't know where to run or where he even was.

It was dark and he was getting chased by hilichurls.

His breathing was quick as he tried his best to run as quickly as possible.

Maybe it would have been a better idea to leave the city next morning because nighttime was always more dangerous than daytime.

He saw a light in the distance, a glimmer of hope visible in his eyes as he quickly ran towards it.

Maybe there could be some adventurers who could help him or treasure hoarders or literally anyone...

As soon as he got to the source of the light which seemed to be a small campfire, he soon realized that he had stumbled across a hilichurl camp filled with even more hilichurls.

Not only there were hilichurls but also a mitachurl as well and they seemed to quickly notice his presence.

Kunikuzushi sighed deeply in annoyance and frustration, taking out the Electro knives while trying his best to bear the awful pain in his left shoulder.