2 - Roots

It was a day just like any other in Inazuma City.

There was a soft breeze blowing past the Mt. Yougou, a small scent of sakura floating along with the wind all the way from the Grand Narukami Shrine to Tenshukaku.

The sun was shining brightly, bringing light all over Teyvat.

Kunikuzushi walked up the stairs of Tenshukaku towards the main building with a rather annoyed and unpleasant expression on his face.

There were words he really wished to get out of his chest.

The Electro Gnosis, that hung around his neck with a strong string like a necklace, pulsed strongly underneath his light purple kimono like it was reacting to his own emotions as the wind flowed through his long indigo colored hair.

It has been a couple of years now since Yae Miko gave him the Gnosis.

He had learned how to use it and how it worked.

He had successfully fooled his mother to think that he had grown stronger in their final duel that had happened a few months after receiving the Gnosis.

Yae Miko had helped him to convince Ei that his elemental powers were only slow to develop and now he had finally reached the point he had been craving for so long.

It felt like he had reached the tip of a mountain and now he was on his way back down.

After winning the final duel, he had gotten the permission from his mother to start wandering outside of Tenshukaku.

He had met a lot of new people and learned a lot of new things about Inazuma's culture along the way.

It was exciting at first, but then it became so normal that it didn't feel as exciting as before.

The more Kunikuzushi thought about himself, the emptier he felt.

He had been living this same boring life in Inazuma for Celestia knows how long.

He had started to crave for something new.

He wanted to see something new.

He wanted to smell something new.

He wanted to hear something new.

He wanted to feel something new.

Kunikuzushi stepped inside the main building.

His mother, Ei, seemed to be meditating in the middle of the room with his sister Shogun.

Kunikuzushi carefully walked towards them, a confused frown on his face.

"What are you doing?" He asked his mother.

He had never seen her meditating with Shogun before but that could be because he was always outside and barely came back to Tenshukaku anymore.

This, of course, awoke the Electro Archon from her meditation.

She opened her eyes and turned to look at Kunikuzushi with slight confusion.

"Oh, hey Kunikuzushi. I was just teaching your sister about the Plane of Euthymia. As you know... After I lost my sister Makoto, it's been quite difficult for me to rule Inazuma alone..." She started.

"So, I decided to start teaching Shogun something about it, hoping that she would be interested in following my footsteps. She's already better at running the Shogunate more efficiently than me after all." She said with a light smile as she looked at her daughter that was sitting next to her with her eyes closed, focusing hard on her meditation.

Kunikuzushi didn't know what to respond since he wasn't interested in following his mother's footsteps.

After a moment of staying silent, he decided to talk about why he had come back to Tenshukaku in the first place. "Mother... I would like to leave Inazuma."