24 - Seeking the Adeptus

Once the morning sun had already risen, the boat arrived in Liyue Harbor, with both Kunikuzushi and Kazuha aboard.

Kunikuzushi hadn't talked much during the sail.

His whole mood had changed, it was more... sinister, in a way, almost like he might break down if he got a paper cut.

The wanderer slightly perked up as they stopped at the harbor of Liyue, soon hopping out of the boat and stretching out his hand. He looked back at Kazuha, holding out a hand to the other wanderer.

Kazuha took Kunikuzushi's hand and with the wanderer's help he landed on the docks.

He waved to the crew as a goodbye and turned towards Kunikuzushi.

He noticed the other's eyes. They seemed a little... off. But he completely understood the situation the other was in.

Kazuha wanted to cheer up the younger wanderer. He nudged his shoulder and gave him a confident smile.

"You're a strong wanderer, Kunikuzushi. Remember that every journey has its own challenges." He said, giving him a wink for confidence.

"We get through them no matter what, and if you ever need help, you always have us on your side." He continued, smiling happily as he kept his other hand inside the pocket of his skirt-like shorts.

Kunikuzushi looked at Kazuha as he spoke, nodding lightly before smiling himself.

"I-... Thank you, Kazuha."

He appreciated the other's words greatly, deciding to keep them in his mind.

Kunikuzushi looked out towards Liyue Harbor, taking a deep breath before he spoke again. "I don't know how I will... process this all. I don't think I have barely even registered it, I'll be honest."

He chuckled lightly, lowering his head to look down at the ground. "But I'll get through it eventually."

Kazuha nodded as he listened to Kunikuzushi's words.

"Hmm... Why don't you go and see that Liyuean again? You seemed to be very keen on him back in Inazuma~" Kazuha mentioned with a teasing tone but at the same time he was speaking the truth. He found Kunikuzushi's interest towards this Liyuean person quite interesting.

Kunikuzushi let out a small snort, lightly shaking his head before he looked back up at Kazuha with a light smile.

"I would love to see him again- I just... don't know where he is. That's the only problem." Kunikuzushi hummed lightly, thinking it slightly over.

He couldn't lie, he did really want to see Xiao again, since he seemed to be able to get his thoughts out of what happened at home- even the thought of the Adeptus slightly helped.

If he ever got the chance to, he would pull Xiao into another hug again...

Kazuha thought for a moment, before getting an idea.

"Is there someone who could contact this Liyuean? Or just someone who knows where he usually moves around?" He asked Kunikuzushi with a slight smile.

Someone who knew about this Liyuean or were close to him. If they knew where this Liyuean usually was, they would find him much easier.

"Liyue is quite large. If we knew a specific area, we would find him faster." Kazuha explained, gesturing with his hand as he looked at Kunikuzushi

Kunikuzushi thought on it for a second before snapping his fingers.

"If I remember right, he does hang around that Wangshu Inn a lot. The boss seemed to know a bit about him, we should ask her." He smiled more brightly this time, his hope for seeing the Adeptus again getting bigger.