RWBY (Volume 6) Chapter 7.

(Author's Note: Hey y'all, took a few days to FULLY reread all of the previous chapters I've made. In that time I realized wow there was quite a few inconsistencies in my story but I chalk that up to just me being an actual child/teenager juggling high school homework at the same time when I started. I may one day go back and rewrite some of my earlier chapters to streamline everything as viewing my first chapter ever of the Chronicle to my most recent one there's a very clear difference between how I write a scene. Furthermore, I didn't really have a set plan when I started I just thought 'hey wouldn't it be really cool if NOCTIS from FFXV was in RWBY???' which is quite different to how I write now. Regardless, I also took some time to really sit down and plan out some things for the upcoming chapters and next few volumes and I do genuinely believe y'all will like some of the stuff I've got in store. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter.)

RWBY (Volume 6) Chapter 7: Flickering Flames/ A Difficult Conversation

You and Ruby seemed to have held each other for nearly that whole night, but now you're sitting on the edge of your bed. You rub your tired eyes as it's pretty clear you've gotten some rough looking dark circles underneath them. You glance back to Ruby who's still sleeping soundly on the bed you share, part of you just wants to crawl back into bed to snuggle up with her but you've been utterly restless this whole night. While Ruby reassured you that she'd love you regardless of what you tell her, you don't really know where to start when you do tell your team. So here you are, staring into an empty corner of one of the guest rooms Terra and Saphron provided to your team, your knee bouncing anxiously on the ground as you NEED to know what's been happening inside of your Soul.

You(Subconsciously)"Screw it." You close your eyes and focus as your mind enters into the depths of your Soul. You open your eyes to see your Soul is completely dark. It isn't its typical deep blue color, nor is it completely gold or even lavender from the influences of Luna and Solar. It's just pitch black...you try to call out "Cole!?" You yell as you stare into the abyss for what feels like an eternity, you feel unnerved as even from the first moments you knew you could access your Soul you never felt alone. But that certainly feels like the case now. "Cole, where are you!?"

You close your eyes and focus with all of your might to try to find any traces of well, ANYTHING in your Soul. For a split moment you feel something stirring along the deepest portions of your Soul as you appear in front of it. You see what looks like...a lock of some sort? You attempt to reach out and touch it only for violent sparks of electricity to blast away your hand as you flinch in pain and hold your hand. You look back at the lock to see that an ever expanding barrier pulsing with electricity appears around the entirety of your Soul.

You: "What...the hell is this?" You say while glancing around completely astounded as you hear electricity crackle behind you.

Cole: "I was wondering when you'd become curious enough to arrive back here..." You quickly turn back with a relieved look on your face as you see Cole standing there, his arms behind his back.

You: "Cole!" You say while running over to him but before you could actually approach him you see that he's actually behind that enormous barrier. You look at him through the sparks of electricity that prevent you from getting any closer "What the hell is going on, Cole!?"

Cole: "This...is the last line of defense, Chronicle." You look at him with concern riddled across your face as the worn out man sighs. "You would've become Solar's puppet if I hadn't intervened...while Miss Rose helped with her unlocking the power of her Silver Eyes...it simply wasn't enough."