Chapter 62: Apprentice Ni Docmonyo

Carmel Lucia

"Doctor Jonas," Napaangat naman ako ng tingin mula sa cellphone ko nang marinig ko ang boses ni Nurse Pauline. Her chocolate brown eyes met mine when she sat on the chair right across from me.

"Yes, ma'am?" Tugon ko at ibinaba ang aking cellphone sa harapan ko.

Kasalukuyan akong narito sa cafeteria. I was on my phone because I was searching for some baking recipes. I wanted to make something for him in my down time, because surprise, surprise, I do a shît job at cooking.

I guess it runs in Del Russo and Jonas women.

She let out a nervous laugh and flopped down on the seat. The gray color of her scrubs contrasted the color of the chair.

"Will you do me a favor, doc?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Sooo," She sighed and pulled out a paper from her scrub pocket. "This is a written order of Clopidogrel for my patient. Signed by Dr. bistalan. That's it. " She said and gave me a look.

With furrowed eyebrows, I stared at the signed order in front of me. My doctor brain is yelling at B dahil kulang-kulang ang order niya. Does he think that our nurses are a bunch of mind-readers on top of being literal life-savers?

"Now, doc. Hindi ka registered nurse like me, pero alam mo kung anong mali diyan."

"Yep. glaringly obvious." I hissed and put my phone back to the pocket of my white coat.

She sighed.

"Hindi ko alam kung lutang ba siya or kulang sa tulog, sa pagkain, or sa séx, I don't know, but this is another order for blood thinners for our patient with clogged arteries and it's the same thing." She said and slapped another paper on the table. "Like what is this behavior? He never messed up an order before." She said that made me nod.

"I work with women's health, not with the heart, what would you like me to do, Nurse Pauline?" I laced my fingers together and rested my hands on the table.

"Yeah, so, you're the only one who puts him in his right place, so will you please ask for clarification on these medicines? I'm—-well, everyone is scared of him, and I have had a shítty day and the last thing that I need is a doctor with a nasty attitude on me." She rested her back on the chair. Charge Niña is not on site since she's currently on vacation.

I snatched the papers on the table and slid them in my pocket.

"I will get it done as long as you get me a banana."

She sighed in relief.

"No problem."

*.*.*.*.*.*

"H-Hey, doctor Bistalan," The door of his on-call room swung open when he heard Nurse Pauline's voice and knock. His expression was stoic as he looked at the Nurse.

Kasalukuyan akong nakatayo sa gilid kaya naman sumalubong sa akin ang kanyang perfect na side view. His curly-ish and soft hair was touseled like he didn't care to style it. Jusko, halos kumawala ang malalaki at mamasel niyang mga braso sa itim na t-shirt niyang suot, his black scrub pants hugged his athletic thighs, like it was made for him.

My eyes travelled back to his handsome face. God, I missed those plump lips, and running my hand on his sharp jaw.

"How can I help yo—-"

"---Hey, daddy." I butted in.

Nang sumulpot ako mula sa gilid ay bigla siyang sumimangot. His thick brows then knotted as he looked at us in confusion. I gently shoved the papers on his chest, which he took in his hands.