Chapter 48: Careless Carmel!

Carmel Lucia

"Hello, lass."

I flinched when I woke up with the sound of Pinuno's voice. My eyes widened when I saw her just right beside me. As my vision was adjusting, I realized that I was in her office. Kasalukuyan akong nakaupo dito sa dulo ng kanyang mahabang meeting glass table, while the floor-to-ceiling glass walls surrounds us.

"Fúck you." I told her nang makatingala ako sa kanya, she was leaning her backside on the table as her blue eyes were fixed at me in a calculating manner. She's wearing her usual non-traditional suit, her hair loose on her shoulders, some strands are touching her inked neck.

"One more disrespect and I will cut your tongue off, agent." She calmly replied.

I gritted my teeth, but it made me swallow and behave.

"I am not here to deploy you to Kostagiama yet." She said and slapped a manila envelope in front of me. I didn't even notice that she was holding that. "I had you taken so I could give you a little warning."

Hindi ako nakasagot. Bagkus ay napatitig lamang ako sa envelope na nasa aking harapan.

"Go ahead, open it." She urged.

My jaw clenched before I turned my gaze up and glared at her.

"I swear if this is Beaux's picture in a not healthy situation, I will kill you faster than you can cut my tongue."

"Deal. Now open it." Dedma niya na sagot.

When I lifted my slightly shaking hand, my white coat contrasted the brown color of the material in front of me. It was just a paper, yet it makes my heart pound and my stomach swirl in nervousness.

Shutting off the overthinking gremlins in my head, I pushed it open. I sighed in relief when I saw anything but the gory pictures that my overthinking mind predicted. Instead, I just saw pictures of Beaux and I.

It looked like it was captured from across the street of our apartment building. It was a clear image of us holding hands, while we faced his ex and mom in the lobby that night. Another picture of us walking with his arm around my shoulder when we were on our way to the penthouse, and Arisza in the emergency room.

"I gave you the 'go' to get rid of her, why is she still breathing?" She asked.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Hindi ko makapaniwalang usal sa kanya. My hands dropped on my sides.

"What?" She shrugged like she's confused and looked at me like I am the absurd one in this room. "Isn't that what you want?"

"Uhhm, unlike you, I am not a complete psycho. I cannot just kill her, kill her." Pinandilatan ko siya, couldn't process the fact that I had to explain it to her. "I gave her a warning to get away from my man, that's all."

She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, right, whatever."

Sandali naman akong napadaing nang maramdaman ko ang bakas ng tusok sa gilid ng aking leeg. That dåmn Celeste and the other stupid agent.

"And you hired med students and doctors now to become agents?"

"Well, they were agents first before they were students and healthcare workers. I have people lurking everywhere."

"Well," I copied her. "Did you know that one of your agents at my workplace fúcked a doctor who also happened to be my friend?" I told her.

"Yes. Celeste has no heart and can only fake emotions, so I'm not really worried." She replied like it was normal.