Chapter 61: Flower Girl

Carmel Lucia

I was preparing my lunch for work in the kitchen as my baby watched in the living room, while she's in her wooden crib that her Lolo made for her. Napatigil naman ako sa pagpapahid ng palaman sa tinapay nang maramdaman ko na may pumasok sa main door ng apartment.

Whoever they were, they were very quiet and efficient, because I did not hear any footsteps on top of the t.v noises. But being a veteran agent, it is my sixth and seventh sense to know when there is an uninvited guest in my space.

"Bee?" I called out softly and subtly reached for the hand gun hidden under the countertop.

Instead of crying, I heard my daughter giggling and blowing raspberries. What the hell?

The back of the couch was facing the kitchen, and so, all I saw was a woman's head with neat black hair.

I did not have the time and care to assess who it was because she currently has my daughter in her lap, so I pressed the gun against the woman's temple. When Bee looked up at me, her golden eyes lit up and she clapped her little hands.

"Mama! Gwan!"

"Hey, Carmel. Why don't we put the gun down." She said to me, I looked at her neck, and I knew who it was.

"Goddåmn it, Florence. Was it hard for you to shoot me a text and announce that you'll be coming by, instead of sneaking like a ninja?" I sighed, bago ko mabilis na inipit ang baril sa bandang likuran ng scrub garters ko.

She ignored me and continued playing with my kid. I sighed again and walked around the couch, so I could stand in front of her. Now, I could see that she's in her usual fancy pantsuit.

"Red! Bwoo!" Bee's touching her neck tattoos. As far as I know, no one has ever touched those without dying, and yet my daughter's poking them like they're toys.

"Yes, that's bwoo. And this is black." She said with a smile.

"Bwack!" Ulit ng anak ko.

"Nanaginip ba ako o talagang bagbe-baby talk ka ngayon?"

"Yes, bwack, baby..." Ulit pa niya, humalakhak naman ang anak ko nang pabiro siyang ginulat ni Florence. "I feel sorry for whoever will dare to break Bee's heart because Aunt Flo will not be so good to them. You also have your Mommy Carmel, and agents Titos and Titas? Oh crap, they better freaking hide."

"Give me my kid." I told her.

Dahan-dahan naman niyang iniikot si Bee, kaya tumambad sa akin ang Bee themed niyang outfit.

"Do you wanna go to mama?" She pouted to my kid.

"No. An Flo!" Matatas niyang sabi.

Florence stuck her tongue out. I rolled my eyes at her.

My baby can speak words fluently kahit eight month old pa lang siya dahil parehong gifted ang mga magulang niya. She grows much faster than an average kid because of that.

"What do you want?" I asked Florence.

"Tat–woos." My daughter said again as she now taps Florence's colorful neck.

"Hm, well...I wanted to say hello to Bee." She replied as she lovingly carried my kid.

I rolled my eyes and stepped forward to cover my baby's ears.

"Bullshît. What do you want?" Ulit ko.

"Like I said, I wanted to say he—"

"I was the first one to know that you're basically ocean wet for the chemist, now what makes you think I won't read you now, Florence?" Humalukipkip ako.