Chapter 41: What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas?

Carmel Lucia

A marriage certificate, divorce papers, old CCTV pictures in Vegas where they got married, and them hugging while the officiant pronounced them as man and wife. His face on the pictures looked so young and naive, no traces of hair on his cheeks, his hair was short and his brown eyes crinkled because of his smile.

I wanted to rip each picture and burn them in rage, but luckily, I have not done that yet. With a situation like this, I refused to beat around the bush and wait. I heard a collective gasp as I barged into the men's shower room. Here at the doctor's lounge, women's and men's shower areas are separated, for privacy reasons.

"Doktora Jonas, pang-lalaki po 't—"

"Is there any indication on my face that I care, Dr. De Guzman?" I widened my eyes at the senior resident.

His brown face paled.

"Get out and if a word of any of this gets out, you're dead."

"Opo, opo!"

He was done showering and changing anyway, as well as the other doctors, who sooned followed him on their way out.

"And you," Bumaling ako ngayon kay B, his head is poking through the shower curtain.

"Hi, giliw ko."

I snatched the towel from the rack and shoved it on his chest.

"Dry yourself." I said and sat on the bench in the middle of the shower room. There were stalls with thick and plastic curtains. Meanwhile there is a long bench in the middle to put the bags or whatever the doctor pleases.

It didn't take him two minutes to get out and wrapped the towel around his waist.

Jusko panginoon ko, bakit naman kasi mala-adonis ang katawan ni Beaux? Hindi ko napigilan ang sarili ko na paraanin ang aking paningin sa kanyang basa at mamasel na katawan. His skin was glistening with water, as well as his hair,  and I could see the outline of his horsecóck through the white towel.

"Hey, what's wrong, mamí?" He gently approached me.

Imbes na sumagot ay tumayo lamang ako at tumingala sa kanya. I then shoved the folder on his dåmn hard chest.

"You weren't unfamiliar with my exes, right? You knew about my almost;Peyton. I told you how much she meant to me then, and the other people I fooled around with." I said.

Droplets of water slowly dripped down from his wet hair to his temple when he nodded.

"Yes, giliw ko."

"But I-I didn't know about yours." I cleared my throat to stop my voice from cracking.

"There was one, Arisza Irwin. The girl in the picture. We were in a relationship in high school, but we ended it because we realized it was better for us to be friends." Marahan niyang sagot.

Pagak akong tumawa.

"Relationship in high school, huh? Can you explain to me how the hell that American bítch became Arisza Irwin-Bistalan at some point?"

Nagsalubong ang kanyang makakapal na mga kilay.

"What are you talking about, mamí?" Takang tanong niya.

"Huwag mo akong ma-what-what, Beauxdeaustreuz!" Pumamewang ako. Fear glinted in his eyes as worrisome clouded his handsome face.

With furrowed brows, he opened the folder and started reading what's in it. His long finger hovering over the words on the paper.