Chapter 18: Toy

Carmel Lucia

"Out of all the mistakes that you can make in this life, you have chosen to put me as a top person in your emergency contact list, Carmel." Nakangising bungad sa akin ni Madison nang maidilat ko ang aking mga mata.

Kumunot ang aking noo sa pagkalito at sandaling napa-upo. I feel drowsy as my eyes adjust on the white walls of this hospital room.

"W-What?" I murmured.

And then, my gaze dropped at the back of my palm kung saan may IV line. I am no longer wearing my white coat and scrubs, instead they were replaced by a hospital gown.

Memories came flowing back in my brain like the water in Niagara falls during the summer.

B. Surgeries. Charge. Not feeling well. Infection. Fever Passed out.

I also remembered giving my consent before a fellow doctor checked the damage on my lower part, and then I passed out again due to my fever.

"You have got to be kidding me." Hindi ko makapaniwalang bulong at tuluyang napahiga sa kama. I placed my IV-free forearm over my eyes.

This cannot be real. I refused to believe that that man's schlong made me a patient in the hospital that I work at.

To make the situation even better, my emergency contact person is none other than; Freaking Madison Ivery freaking Del Russo freaking Kutznetzov.

Shoot me now.

"How the tables have turned." I can sense the smile in her voice.

"Madison..." My tone was warning. I removed my arm from my face. When I looked at her, I saw her sitting at the chair right across from my hospital bed. Her expensive designer bag was resting at the side of the chair, I also noticed a thin folder next to it. She's wearing a perfectly tailored tan colored pantsuit minus the coat jacket. Her brown shoulder-length hair is tamed in a tight, clean bun as though she had just come here straight from her law office.

And there was this undeniable smug, teasing grin playing on her plump red lips. Mischief is glinting in her eyes.

I'd chosen her to be my emergency contact in an event that something happened to me here in the hospital, because I know she wouldn't tell anything to our family unless I tell her to.

Reason being is, unless I am dying, I don't want my family to know. Simple as that.

And clearly now I am regretting my person of choice.

When I tried to move my body, so I could see my own vital monitor, I felt pain all over my body, especially in my vagina.

God. Alam ko na kung ano ang naramdaman ni Madison noon.

I have a feeling that I am bruised and lacerated because I can still feel the burning pain despite the medications that they had administered to help me. I might actually need an oxy.

I sighed softly when I saw that my vitals were fine, especially my body temperature. When I glanced back at my cousin, she was still grinning like an idiot.

"If you look at the monitor, my vitals are stable and I am obviously breathing." I told her.

"Right." She replied, but I know she's ready to tease the hell out of me, and I am trying to avoid that situation right now.

"To assure you even better, if we use Glasgow's scale I am certain that my score will be fifteen. Which means you can get your Filipina-Italian åss out of my room now." I said sarcastically with a smile.

"Nice try but absolutely not, insan."

I sighed. Oh, well, I tried.

"Do you remember what you asked me when I had a laceration from being 'too confident while being a virgin?'" She said, still smiling.