Chapter 30: Touché

Beaux

"I need your jet, Kuya. No. Hold your trip to Malaysia. I don't care. You'll be stuck with Larkin for just two hours, you will live. Yeah, okay, bye." She said to the phone that was pressed on her right ear before she pulled it away and pressed on the screen.

"Ready?" She asked and slid her phone to her pocket.

I nodded. I squinted my eyes on the huge black aircraft right in front of us.

"You can fly a private jet?" I asked in amazement. Her brown, straight hair is now tied in a bun. A visor sunglasses was shielding her eyes from the bright beating sun.

"A chopper, and an amphibious aircraft too." She said as she headed to the stairs of the private jet, of course, I followed her. I will legit follow her anywhere.

When I told her about the heart matter, she had talked with the chief of surgery and in less than two minutes, she was maneuvering the hospital chopper here to a private tarmac. When we got here, she told me that we will use a private jet since the hospital's chopper wouldn't be fast enough.

Yes, a hundred million overhead aircraft. She said it so casually, as though it was just a normal thing for her family to have that kind of thing.

I wouldn't be surprised because here in her family's private tarmac, mayroon din na dalawang chopper na nakaparada at dalawang jet. Turns out those jets and choppers are the Del Russo's.

Sabi ng misis ko ay pwede naman namin iyon na gamitin, but she wanted to use her brother's because she wanted to mess with him.

It's like the Del Russos and the Jonases have their own small airport. I knew that my woman is rich, I just wasn't aware that her family and whole clan is super rich.

Listen, I have money. I can buy her three supercars if she wanted, even a couple of mansions, because even though I'm just a medical doctor, I have a financial advisor who manages and grows my money everyday, since I started earning the big bucks.

But I am not a private jet kind of rich, yet.

Kailangan ko atang mag-pick up ng side gig sa U.S habang nagta-trabaho ako dito para mas lalo akong yumaman. I wanna be able to give her everything that she could ever want, even if it means I'll have to work double time and exert triple effort.

Ganoon kasi kasarap mahalin si Carmel.

"Dåmn," Bulong ko nang makapasok kami sa captain's cabin. There are so many buttons, numbers, and screens with symbols and coordinates that I don't understand. Pinaupo niya ako sa tabi niya habang nagsimula siyang magpindot ng kung ano-ano, she didn't look tacky and clueless doing it. Instead, she looked like she knew exactly what she was doing. Two minutes later, there was a man with glowing sticks leading the plane in a runaway while she manuevered the whole thing like it was a car.

"What did Nurse Navaeh say?" Tanong niya. I could hear the engines whirring in the background as she pressed more buttons, and said something on her headphone mic again, which I'm pretty sure went through a tower communication.

"That the family of the donor has signed the papers and the heart's ready to be picked up anytime."

She nodded.

Nurse Navaeh is my physician friend and my contact at Baguio General Hospital. She had also worked with Kiel Arguello when he was an Attending there and when she was just a Nurse, because today, Navaeh is both a nurse and a doctor, but not a medical doctor.

Okay, I know, confusing.

So, Navaeh is a registered nurse, who then proceeded to get her master's and eventually a doctorate degree in Nursing Practice in America through a scholarship program. Hindi siya nakuntento doon dahil pumunta siya sa Guam para tuluyang maging Nurse Practitoner, she was doing her rotations then at SFGH noong magkakilala kami.