48

In "Going Ashore", in the chapter Cheng Jiqing read the most recently, he wrote the following passage—

Romance and pessimism are often chosen by you in one thought.

Before being chosen by you, they exist and check and balance each other.

But once the balance is broken, it is like a leaking hot air balloon, a cracked Roman vase, and a goldfish that cannot live without water.

Cheng Jiqing deeply sympathized with these words that night.

"Relationships Before Boundaries Are Crossed."

Even the chirping of cicadas stopped and waited.

Bai Xin looked at Cheng Jiqing: "Are you serious?"

Cheng Jiqing answered yes.

From a certain level, they have an abnormal relationship. If the relationship is carried out according to the agreement, they may still be able to maintain basic contacts.

But now...it's completely different from the beginning.

There is no need to repeat the truth that it is hard to get over the flooded water—this time she was depressed, irritable and unbearable, what about next time? She didn't have the confidence not to be sad the next time something like this happened.

She is not a fool and does not want to suffer.

"I've crossed the line, can I go back?" Bai Xin took a step forward and stared at him: "I misunderstood you. I was wrong. What happened yesterday...give me some time."

Bai Xin suddenly realized that she was subconsciously trying to explain, just like her flustered tone for no reason.

When he finished speaking, he also paused.

When did she care so much about Cheng Jiqing?

The sun came out again, but Cheng Jiqing had his back to the light, so the light outside couldn't reach her face.

But it made her calm facial features deep again.

After hearing this, Cheng Jiqing shook his head and said flatly, "No, it's not a reciprocal relationship."

Cheng Jiqing called the other party's name very seriously: "Bai Xin, I admit that I am tempted, so in your opinion, normal behavior, in my opinion, I have become concerned... You come when you need it, and you can leave when you don't. , but I am not a person who can be treated casually, I need spiritual rewards."

"Not a one-night stand or, a bed partner."

What she cared about was never why Bai Xin left, but Bai Xin's attitude.

Cheng Jiqing's every word is like a bee's mouthparts, stabbing into Bai Xin's heart.

From slight tingling, then itching to tingling.

For a moment, she didn't know whether to focus on the first sentence or the last sentence.

It was also the first time that Bai Xin felt that his brains and eloquence, which he was always proud of, were so useless sometimes.

In just two seconds, the phrase "I admit that I am tempted" jumped out in response to the owner's heart, stepped on her nerves, and the nerves came alive.

The nerve was like a steel wire, shaking tremblingly.

There was no coldness on Cheng Jiqing's face, and his usual gentle voice said, "I may be a little busy recently, when you need my... help, please let me know in advance."

In the past, Bai Xin would come whenever he was free, or whenever he needed it, and Cheng Jiqing would always be there every time he came.

She is the only person who can open this room besides Cheng Jiqing.