42

The thick smoke rushing up suddenly was like a huge black beast, Cheng Jiqing was unable to move for a moment, the shouts around her brought her consciousness back, she turned around quickly, and ran frantically upstairs.

At the same time, he took off his shirt and used it to cover his mouth and nose.

She is now glad that the shirt she is wearing today is thin, and there is a suspender inside, so she won't be too embarrassed.

At this time, there were not many people in the fire exit, but because of the crowding and mess, the crowd was crooked, and she was bumped against the railing or the wall from time to time.

The movement of going upstairs was slowed down, Cheng Jiqing thought of Bai Xin at this moment, and she had an uneasy premonition that she might not be able to get out.

What about Bai Xin?

Although it was an agreed marriage, she still thought, what should Bai Xin do?

Cheng Jiqing immediately dispelled his pessimistic thoughts.

She still has a chance, she still has a chance to go out before she reaches a dead end!

After finally returning to the fifth floor, the floor was already full of smoke, and the circuit had already broken.

After the explosion, the floors were all steaming in the fire, and the temperature was extremely high.

Even the fifth floor was glowing red under the light of the fire.

The firefighting system was activated, and the water pipe above the head was already spraying water, but such an explosive fire was obviously useless.

But the water pipe can soak her shirt and body, which is a guarantee.

"Help me... woo woo woo... help me cough cough cough cough... woo woo, mom..."

Cheng Jiqing paused, walking down the smoky walkway, she heard a girl calling for help.

It was a teenage girl who was probably injured from a fall and couldn't walk. She was leaning against the wall and trembling with fright, crying and making her cough.

Cheng Jiqing tore the shirt in half, stepped on the water-stained tiled floor, and covered his mouth and nose with a cloth in a few steps.

Help him up again, and walk towards the bathroom...

When she saw the floor, her eyes were filled with dazzling fire, and her heart sank heavily!

The picture of the flames and some fragments in her mind completely overlapped, flashing through her mind like pictures one after another.

Cheng Jiqing suddenly panicked, his legs suddenly went limp, and he fell down with the girl beside him without holding on.

Cheng Jiqing put her hands on the ground and coughed a few times. Realizing the danger, she forced herself not to look at the flames. She covered her nose and helped the girl up again.

A few minutes later, Cheng Jiqing put the person on the ground. From the narrow window, she could see the cloudy sky outside. She hoped that the rain would fall soon.

She thought of Bai Xin again. She went to touch her phone, but she didn't know where it was dropped—she promised Bai Xin to go to the cemetery with her. If she broke her promise, she might not be happy again.

Cheng Jiqing glanced at the little girl next to him who was about to pass out: "Don't sleep, you really won't be able to get out!"

"I haven't taken the college entrance examination yet, and I haven't been admitted to university yet, mom woo woo woo..."