110

Zuo Yan  stood in the dim stairwell with a gloomy expression and knocked heavily on the door with his knuckles.

    After a long time, the sound of slow footsteps came from behind the thin door panel.

    Door opened a crack with a small “creak”, and a young man with tousled hair appeared in his view. He was loosely wearing an oversized cartoon T-shirt that was wrinkled and he looked very sleepy. There were still red sleep marks on the white side face pressed there from a long sleep.

    He didn’t seem to be very surprised by Zuo Yan’s appearance, he just yawned lazily and stepped aside without saying a word, then opened the door. He turned around to go back to the room, rubbing his messy hair.

    Zuo Yan stared at the open door in front of him, paused for a few seconds, and then stepped through the door and walked in.

    The door panel was closed behind him.

    The room was dark, the curtains were drawn and only a small night light was on.

    In that weak light, only the vague fuzzy lines of the furniture could be seen, but even if one couldn’t see clearly, it was seen at a glance that the room was surprisingly chaotic. The space that was not very large to begin with was filled to the brim, making it even seem even more cramped.

    In the middle of the living room lay a mattress on which items such as quilts and pillows were piled up messily.

    The young man dragged his steps to the edge of the mattress, and then smashed himself onto it.

    With the rusting sound of fabric rubbing against fabric, he arched under the stacks of quilts and covered himself tightly, making a human-shaped bulge rise instantly on the mattress.

    ——Didn’t even say a word the whole time.

    Zuo Yan: “…”

    He felt both amused and ironic.

    Not knowing when when, the dark fire in his heart unknowingly went off without a trace and it was replaced by a strange soft feeling at the bottom of his heart.

    Zuo Yan walked over and sat down on the edge of the mattress, feeling that the young man lying on it silently shrank inwards, making room for him.

    “Why didn’t you go to the apartment I gave you?”

    The man’s low and hoarse voice sounded in the silent room. There was no excess of joy and anger in his voice, and his emotions couldn’t be discerned.

    “Ah, I forgot.”

    The youth replied nonchalantly in a drowsy voice.

    The next second, he put his head out of the quilt. The small night light on the side plated a layer of gold on the top of his fluffy hair.

    Ge Xiu continued to move into the mattress and asked lazily: “Come up?”

    This question was simple and casual, as if it was just a casual remark that he suddenly thought of, completely unaware of what impact would his simple actions had on other’s hearts.

    Zuo Yan’s heart almost stopped from shock, and an astonishing huge wave of emotions surged from the bottom of his heart, instantly drowning and swallowing his reason.

    At that moment, he couldn’t even sort out his emotions.

    Only hear the beating of his own heartbeat that suddenly accelerated could be heart in his ears. Hot blood pumped by the heart rhythmically hit his eardrums, making irregular sounds: