105

“Convict No. 7098, please accept the fourth task in this world: sign a keeping contract.”

    The familiar electronically synthesised voice sounded in his ears.

    Ge Xiu was stunned, his lifted his eyes slightly, his dark pupils flashed under the shadow of his long eyelashes as he quickly swept his sight towards the man sitting across him at the dining table.

    The dazzling sunset shone in from the floor-to-ceiling windows and fell on the man’s cold and sharp profile, with the tall and narrow nose bridge as a boundary dividing his face into dark and bright side by the light.

    His expression was unfathomable and his posture was relaxed, the warm light from the setting sun was reflected in his deep eyes, like a cluster of flames burning silently, with a calmness as if everything was under control, patiently waiting for Ge Xiu’s response.

    Ge Xiu withdrew his gaze and stared thoughtfully at the contract in front of him.

    The task this time was again of the nature of the previous ones.

    ——it was “promoting”,not “preventing”.

    The “tasks” in this world say a lot.

    This was the first time that Ge Xiu had been in close contact with the behind-the-scenes “intent”.

    To construct a virtual world, it was necessary to pre-set the world background and the line of the world’s operation. According to their desire to obtain pain points, all of the settings should have been created for the purpose of torturing him, making the worlds become like highly efficient machine designed to squeeze and harvest pain value from him.

    It tried to prevent Ge Xiu from acquiring Xingchen Entertainment and exposing Wang Xuejiu’s dirty transactions, which means that such a trend destructed the pre-designed route, if he went further in that direction, he would get rid of the frame set by the other party and go beyond the control range of the other party.

    And this promoting task showed that the current situation was designed by the people behind the scenes, and it was even possible that they had designed a route for him before the world began.

    If this trend was in line with the expectations of the behind-the-scenes, it means that what awaits him must be pain and torment.

    Logically speaking, this was true.

    but……

    Ge Xiu was a little unsure now.

    He didn’t even need to look up to feel the man’s tangible sight, branded on him with a sense of presence, giving him a distinct sense of being watched.

    Ge Xiu was a little confused now. What role did he play in this process.

    The electronic voice in his ear sounded again: “Convict No. 7098, please accept the task.”

    It seemed a little impatient, but it did not directly shock him like last time, which clearly proved that the outside world was monitoring the inside of the virtual world and was trying to get him to take on the task without disrupting the world progress.

    Ge Xiu raised his eyes and looked at Zuo Yan:

    “All right.”

    Zuo Yan didn’t look very surprised — he had obviously investigated Lu Nan’s life experience and background before making this decision. Of course, he learned that he was riddled with black material, desperate and still owed a lot of debt, for a starlet in this situation, accepting the keeping contract would be the most sensible choice, and rejecting it was stupid.