77

In the huge training ground, only the whizzing of the metal and the buzzing sound of the engine slowly dying could be heard.

    Snow-white water vapour mixed with pitch-black gunpowder gushed out from the gap where the wall was knocked open, and the simulated laser that had not yet dissipated from air flickered in the smoke, like the burning trajectory left in the air after a bullet flies past.

    The audience fell into a brief silence.

    The students stared at the scene in front of their eyes in astonishment and their brains seemed to be rusted and unable to process what they saw.

    They looked at the wreckage of the mecha not far away in a trance, their expressions were dazed, almost to the point of being in a trance, and there was an inexplicable sense of unreality—

    Just now… did it really happen?

    Have they just imagined it?

    An omega who has never piloted a mech before could start the engine on his first mental link, and could even skilfully control it. Not only that, he even directly passed the C level obstacle test and activated the weapon system!

    You must know that Igor, who was known as the Mecha Driving Department genius, was only able to successfully pass the B level obstacle test after three years of training.

    Although the difficulty between each test is immense, but…

    Iris was a freshman who had just been transferred from the mecha maintenance department!

    How was this possible! ?

    Yost was the first to return to his mind.

    He dropped the force-cut handle and ran eagerly towards the observatory that had a large hole knocked in the wall.

    As a tutor, his first task is to ensure the safety of the students.

    Especially… this student—

    Yost clenched his teeth, he could still feel his heart still beating fiercely in his chest, as if it was about to jump out of his throat.

    But his eyes sparkled uncontrollably.

    In the ten years he had coached, he has faced numerous crises, but none of them have brought him such strong shock and tension.

    During that brief period, Yost became acutely aware:

    This student named Iris was most likely a genius, a genius born for mechas! ——Indeed, the difficulty of each level test is very different, and the difficulty of C and so on in the overall obstacle level test was indeed not too high. However, even thought the difficulty between E and D has doubled, the time it took Iris to pass has been shortened twice! When he came to C, he became even more amazing, and there was almost no time difference between starting and passing the level.

    The difficulty has soared, but the passing time has shortened exponentially.

    What was even more terrifying was that…he was actually piloting a mecha that was designed to increase mental resistance!

    And such seedlings must not suffer the slightest damage in such a place!

    Amidst the permeating smoke, a tall figure slowly became clear, his broad shoulders appeared in the diffused water vapour, his slender legs broke through the clouds of smoke and he walked straight towards Yost.

    He held a slender figure in his arms.

    Yost stopped abruptly.

    He watched the man walking towards him vigilantly, with a suppressed seriousness flashing in his eyes.