35

“…How is he?”

    “…The wounds…can’t find…”

    “Is he awake?…”

    The quiet conversation said in whispers seemed to come from far away, drifting around his hazy mind, wafting like smoke, hard to catch.

    Ge Xiu raised his eyelids with difficulty, the sun’s dazzling rays shone through the gaps between the green leaves, swaying on his eyelids and cheeks, bringing a needle-like burning pain, he subconsciously turned his face to avoid the strange light above his head.

    A surprised voice suddenly sounded in his ear:

    “He is awake! He is awake!”

    Immediately, a series of chaotic footsteps quickly came over from a distance, with their shadows the blazing sunlight above his head was blocked, and the words of concern sounded from all directions “Are you okay?” “How are you feeling?” “Is there any discomfort?”

    The noise and chatter made Ge Xiu feel dizzy, and his whole body felt as if it was being crushed by a heavy object. All the bones in his body and every muscle connected to it were clamouring with pain. It made it hard to concentrate. He raised his arms heavy as if filled with lead to block his eyes, he squeezed out two broken syllables with difficulty from the hoarse throat:

    “…shut up.”

    The chaotic voices around him suddenly stopped, seemingly surprised at his unexpectedly rude attitude.

    At this moment, an elegant and low male voice came from outside the room: “What is everyone gathering here for?”

    The speaker seemed to have a lot of prestige. The people who surrounded Ge Xiu instantly fell silent and obediently made a passage, to let that person walk in.

    Ge Xiu turned his head to the voice subconsciously.

    His eyes had long been accustomed to the darkness. Now, suddenly in the bright daylight, it was difficult to see anything. Physiological tears filled his eyes with the stinging pain, making his vision become even narrower.

    In his blurred misty vision, Ge Xiu could only see the other party’s bright blonde hair and the tall silhouette wearing a silver-white mage robe.

    ——All in bright colours.

    Ge Xiu cursed in his heart and quickly moved away his painful eyes.

    Fortunately, the other party didn’t know the thought that went through his head just now.

    The man came closer to him and said gently: “Hello, I am Dreiter*, the magic teacher of the Light Magic Academy. Last night, when Adam and Emily went to patrol the surroundings, they encountered you attacked by some unknown dark creature, so they rescued you and brought you back to our camp.”

    He explained the previous process clearly in a few words, and then asked with concern:

    “Do you need anything now? Water or maybe food?”

    Ge Xiu thought about his hungry body and nodded slowly.

    Immediately afterwards, he suddenly remembered something, he swept his blurred vision over the tattered clothes that got torn during the previous battle, and then he added succinctly in a hoarse voice:

    “…… clothes”

    Dreiter nodded, whispered a few words to the person behind him, and then waved his palm, the sunlight above his head seemed to be suddenly blocked by something, and his vision became dark.