88

Detecting the value of a pheromone match wasn’t complicated.

    In fact, most people just go to the relevant institution to test their pheromones after the differentiation period, and their mate selection criteria will often be based on this. An Omega and alpha who were engaged in an arranged marriage would also go to detect the matching degree of pheromones before finalizing marriage contract — if the matching degree was less than 60% then the marriage needed to be reconsidered.

    Most partners with a match between 70 and 80 percent were compatible.

    Once the data exceeded 85%, the pair was basically guaranteed to grow old together with unchanging love.

    In fact, as the youngest son of the Drost family, Ge Xiu should have been tested for pheromones after his differentiation period ended, but his situation was too complicated.

    He differentiated too early on the battlefield, and when he was rescued, he was seriously injured, so rescue and recuperation became the first priority.

    In addition, Ge Xiu’s glands were removed too cleanly, and there was almost no possibility of restoring them and naturally he could not secrete pheromones. He also wouldn’t enter the estrus period, and so detecting pheromones match became meaningless.

    ——Moreover this directly doubled the difficulty in detecting the matching degree.

    The staff member in a white coat injected a thin needle into his arm and slowly drew out a small tube of bright red blood.

    Joseph, who had thoroughly investigated this, explained: “An average person just needs to collect the pheromones naturally released from the glands, but in your case, the genetic chain needs to be analysed—after all, although your glands have been removed, the genes themselves have not changed.”

    Ge Xiu put down his sleeves and asked:

    “How long will it take?”

    Joseph was prepared for this question and quickly replied: “Basic conclusions should be drawn in about fifteen minutes, but it will take at least 48 hours to get detailed data and reports.”

    Haines’ pheromone have also been collected, and the staff left the room with the equipment and samples.

    The air suddenly quieted down.

    Joseph noticed that the atmosphere was not right, so he withdrew smartly: “I’ll monitor the progress.”

    After finishing speaking, he slipped out of the room without waiting for Haines to respond.

    Now there were only two people left in the room, Ge Xiu and Haines.

    The air that suddenly stilled seemed to now longer flow, and it made one feel pressure to the point of being breathless.

    The silence was so long that every minute and every second seemed to have been stretched into a century.

    Ge Xiu pursed his lips, looked away somewhat awkwardly, and subconsciously raised his hand to pinch his still aching earlobe.

    His eyes wandered, and he glanced at Haines not far away.

    The other’s injury was visibly much more serious than his — the wound on the side of the neck was still oozing blood, and his collar and front of his clothes had been splattered with blood. The wound was still a moist dark red.

    But Haines didn’t seem to care much.

    The first aid kit for treating the wound was placed not far away, but he had no intention of treating his wounds.