70

Ge Xiu felt as if his head had been smashed by a heavy hammer, his consciousness drifted in waves, severe pain came from his body, and all his muscles and bones were overworked and creaked under the pressure and the sutured wound on the back of his neck was especially painful.

    The faint sounds of weeping came from all directions, buzzing in his ears and making him dizzy.

    Ge Xiu frowned, his dry and painful throat contracted, and he barely squeezed out two words through gritted teeth.

    “—Shut up.”

    As soon as his voice came out, he realized that his voice became hoarse as if it had been polished with sandpaper, and it was shockingly rough.

    The crying around him suddenly fell silent.

    A ragged, covered in dust boy blinked, looked at him timidly sobbing and asked in a low voice, “You, are you awake?”

    Ge Xiu propped up his upper body with his arms and sat up with difficulty. As he looked around, he asked in a hoarse voice,

    “Where is this place?”

    In the next ten minutes, Ge Xiu patiently extracted some useful information from the boy’s trembling and fragmented words.

    He was now on a starship called Marauder.

    It was a notorious thief ship, doing the dirty work of reselling stolen goods and human trafficking.

    The powerful reproductive ability and aggressiveness of the Zergs make the Zerg swarms almost invincible, but after all, they had low intelligence. Whenever they occupied a planet, they would destroy it like pests, then leave with a new huge swarm, to colonise and invade other planets further away.

    And the Marauder often took this opportunity to go to those planets to carry out a comprehensive search, and enrich their pockets.

    A fertile omega was a sought-after commodity, and if it was beautiful and slender, and had not been marked yet, it could sell for a lot of money.

    All the other teenagers in this cage were omegas as well. Some of them have been resold several times, while others have been looted by Marauder from the shelters of the planets that the Zergs have passed through, waiting for being auctioned off or privately and anonymously being bought by some big figures with special interests.

    Although their clothes were ragged, their faces were clean, obviously they were deliberately washed so that they could be sold according to their beauty.

    Even if he didn’t look, Ge Xiu knew that the cleanest part of his body was probably his face.

    Looking at the dark and damp cage in front of him, he sneered softly.

    —This is the third time he has been treated as a cargo.

    He doesn’t know if they can achieve anything this time.

    Ge Xiu thought nonchalantly, and glanced down at himself—the combat uniform he was wearing before had been destroyed in the operation and in the explosion, like a rag stained with muddy blood, it had formed a hard shell on his body at this moment and the serial number on the uniform had been scratched as well, so the original appearance could not be seen at all.

    It’s better like this.

    At least nobody recognised he was from the army.

    Ge Xiu leaned back his head, resting against the cage behind him and closed his eyes.