78

Ge Xiu: “…”

    He doubted his ears.

    Free love? ?

    The kind of free love where he forces the other’s father into a marriage contract by hijacking him?

    ——How did this person say such shameless words with a straight face?

    At this moment, the door of the infirmary was hurriedly pushed open from the outside, and a man who didn’t look young strode in. His expression was calm and serious, and his aura brought a sense of invisible majesty and prestige.

    Yost’s spirits lifted and he shouted: “Dean.”

    Hines lowered his eyes and glanced at Ge Xiu who was sitting on the hospital bed, his lips curled slightly, and he said a bit playfully:

    “It seems that the noise you made in the training ground was not small.”

    Ge Xiu came back to his senses, raised his eyebrows and looked at the man standing not far away.

    The curvature of Haines’ lips deepened a little and he casually counted:

    “On the first day of school, you broke a mental power testing instrument. While exploding the mecha, you also crashed a pit in the observatory’s wall. It’s also the first time a mecha was destroyed so fast since the establishment of the Mecha Academy.”

    There was a very obvious smile in his voice.

    Not only there was no blaming, but there is even a vague appreciation and satisfaction.

    Ge Xiu: “…”

    Hmm.

    At least it’s confirmed now that this guy was definitely not here to be a teacher.

    What kind of tutor would be so happy to see his school explode?

    Yost, the doctor, and the dean stood at the door of the infirmary talking seriously, and from time to time they cast their gazes in the direction of Ge Xiu and Haines, increasingly frequently.

    Haines sighed regretfully: “It seems that I can’t not go.”

    He gave Ge Xiu a frivolous smile:

    “Maybe we can have a formal date next time.”

    After speaking, Haines turned and walked towards the three people standing at the door, leaving only the view of his neat and straight back.

    Ge Xiu stared thoughtfully in the direction the man was leaving, his dark eyes unpredictable, as if he was quietly pondering and evaluating something.

    The door of the infirmary slowly closed behind Haines, completely covering figures of several people in the corridor. The sound of footsteps walking away came from outside the door, and the entire infirmary gradually became quiet.

    Finally, except for the regular ticking of the nutrient solution drip, there was no sound in the whole room.

    Ge Xiu took back his gaze and lowered his eyes.

    The brightly coloured candy on his knees suddenly appeared in his view, and the bright and eye-catching colour scheme had a very strong presence on the pale one-colour background, bringing a strong visual impact —very eye catching.

    Ge Xiu was slightly taken aback.

    He raised his hand to pick up the candy.

    The slender and pale fingertips lightly pinched the thin layer of cellophane covering the candy, and a quiet rustling sound rang in the silent ward, and in just a few seconds, a round, crystal clear ball exuding a faint sweet aroma appeared in his palm.