26

Elinor* opened his eyes in the darkness.

    For a while, he didn’t know where he was.

    Until the painful burning wounds on his back and belly awakened his reason, coldly and cruelly establishing facts into his mind.

    Now, he was finally awake.

    Elinor could clearly smell the curse on his back. Those vicious spells attached to the wound eroded his bones and blood bit by bit with the passage of time, and every second it was closer to his heart and lungs than before, he could even feel the strong and decadent smell of curse in his breath.

    Compared to this, the wounds on his stomach were simply insignificant.

    Even though it was the source of all pain, it was the culprit that forced the godhead out his body.

    Elinor tasted the burned and metallic taste left by the dark elements on the tongue, and his golden vertical pupils were burning coldly in the dark.

    The power of faith has been completely drained from his body, and the cold emptiness spread from the spine to his limbs that couldn’t maintain a human shape. Even the thick fur couldn’t resist the contradiction of the elements, making him feel extremely cold.

    Everything became numb and distant.

    Only the sting of being betrayed was deeply branded deep in his mind. With every touch, bloodthirsty rage rushed out uncontrollably, gnawing all his remaining reason.

    However, Elinor couldn’t remember any details about the betrayal.

    All the memories of God’s Domain and the gods gradually disappeared from his body with the separation from the godhead.

    But this didn’t mean that he couldn’t remember the tragedy afterwards.

    Elinor licked the small wounds on his upper limbs, with a barbed tongue irritating flesh and blood scabs that had just healed. He tasted the smell of his own blood, letting the pain wake up his nerves.

    Pain was a good thing. The pain made him sober.

    The forcible stripping of the godhead does not mean the losing his strengthened body. Only weapons forged by believers could truly harm gods.

    …Or rather, former believers.

    Yes, the deprivation of the godhead was set up by other gods, but the other vicious curses and fatal wounds all come from humans – those kind, loyal, fanatical, blindly obedient, and weak humans.

    The God of Light wanted to purify the world.

    So the God of War must be eliminated.

    He brought slaughter, was bloodthirsty, cruel and mad. He was the only remaining dark faction god from the Great War of Light and Darkness 30,000 years ago. Destroying the God of War was equivalent to ending the war.

    Everyone looked at him with eyes full of fear and hatred.

    【He should go back to where he belongs. Go back to his dark followers. 】

    Elinor tasted the faint light element in his blood and showed a cold and mocking smile.

    As everyone knew, all his power of faith came from believers of light, and the battle between the Light and Dark forces 30,000 years ago was when his divine power greatly rose. Only humans’ desire for fighting and power could nourish a god who was in charge of war. The title of god of war was influential and now vacant, sooner or later there would be a second god to take over it for a long time and develop a new godhead.